Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:45 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Paymar to introduce "Gun Show" bill on House floor 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 1:44 pm 

I am available most of the day tomorrow. I would be more than willing to Show up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 2:48 pm 

inspyrd wrote:
Quote:
I am available most of the day tomorrow. I would be more than willing to Show up.

I will be in Lake Elmo Saturday helping my wife at the fairgrounds. I could be talked into escaping to the capital for a while.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 4:47 pm 

Here's what my Rep told me late Friday afternoon:

Quote:
The Paymar language got taken out in Finance Committee yesterday on a voice vote with no discussion. I've heard it is unlikely to come up on the floor, but if it does I will certainly vote against it!

Hopefully that's a good sign that it won't gain traction.

BB

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 10:11 am 
Longtime Regular

Traveler wrote:
Considering that Mr. Cornish essentially told me to ESAD, I will pass on most of this.

What do you mean? I want to make sure you mean what I think you do before I lay into you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 12:50 pm 
Longtime Regular

What I mean is exactly that. Mr. Cornish emailed and told me that he no longer wanted to be contacted on the cased/uncased firearms bill. It take that email to exhibit that he is not interested in input or respectful contrary opinions.

Lay into me all you like. He sent the email. I suspect that he might be less a "friend" on some issues than a few of the deities hereabouts might want to admit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 1:43 pm 
Longtime Regular

Thje intransigent ones are the ones we need to contact the most. If he successfully shuts you up, he concludes he doesn't need to listen to you. Keep on him, and you can't be ignored.

Victory goes to those who show up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 3:22 pm 
Longtime Regular

Traveler wrote:
What I mean is exactly that. Mr. Cornish emailed and told me that he no longer wanted to be contacted on the cased/uncased firearms bill. It take that email to exhibit that he is not interested in input or respectful contrary opinions.

Lay into me all you like. He sent the email. I suspect that he might be less a "friend" on some issues than a few of the deities hereabouts might want to admit.

Andrew is right, keep contacting him.

I don't give two shits if a legislator doesn't want to be contacted. Not their decision to make.

They take the job, thems the breaks. If they don't like it, they can fuck off. I'm polite in my discussions with them, but I've got no tolerance for complaining when their employers tell them to do something.

-Mark

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 10:54 am 

Any updates on this yet?

To expect bad men not to do wrong is madness, for he who expects this desires an impossiblity. But to allow men to behave so to others and expect them not to do thee any wrong is irrational and tyranical. Marcus Aurelius

I won't mind if you call me a racist. And I'm sure YOU won't mind if I call you a target of opportunity.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.