Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:22 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
 Hennepin sheriff comments on recent weapon seizures 
 Post subject: Hennepin sheriff comments on recent weapon seizures
PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 6:09 am 

Another story from the RedStarTribune slanted against guns and firearms owners...

Hennepin sheriff says weapons seizures emphasize need for vigilance

Quote:
During a news conference, Stanek pointed to a table and noted that several of the guns were semiautomatic handguns or sawed-off shotguns, with few "old-fashioned" weapons.

"You don't go hunting with these," he said. "They're used to kill people."

BB

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 6:41 am 
The Man

I don't like this, at all, but I understand what Stanek's doing, and why he can't do what I wish he would.

Damn.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 7:07 am 

joelr wrote:
I don't like this, at all, but I understand what Stanek's doing, and why he can't do what I wish he would.

Damn.

Care to enlighten us? I dont' know what he was pointing to on the table but a sawed off shotgun seems like a no brainer to me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 3:43 pm 

Does MPD sell the seized weapons that are legal for civilian ownership, or do they destroy them? (After they're no longer needed as evidence, that is)

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 3:58 pm 
Wise Elder

If he didn't make mildly "anti-gun" comments, he'd get no airplay on MSM stations.

He needs the exposure to show his people did a good job in protecting them, to remind the bad folks that the police are coming for them, and to get TV face time for his reelection.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 6:08 pm 
Longtime Regular

Q_Continuum wrote:
Does MPD sell the seized weapons that are legal for civilian ownership, or do they destroy them? (After they're no longer needed as evidence, that is)

This is not MPD, this is HCSO. In a just world, He would at least run the serials, and see if any were stolen, and make a bona-fide effort to return them to the rightful owners. In this county, gun owners know TANJ.

"The right of citizens to bear arms is just one more guarantee against arbitrary government, one more safeguard against the tyranny which now appears remote in America, but which historically has proved to be always possible." - Vice President Hubert H. Humphrey, 1960

"Man has the right to deal with his oppressors by devouring their palpitating hearts." - Jean-Paul Marat

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 11:12 am 

chunkstyle wrote:
In this county, gun owners know TANJ.

Heh. Nivenisms. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 11:26 am 
The Man

kimberman wrote:
If he didn't make mildly "anti-gun" comments, he'd get no airplay on MSM stations.

He needs the exposure to show his people did a good job in protecting them, to remind the bad folks that the police are coming for them, and to get TV face time for his reelection.
Yup. And he can't pile up a stack of perps with their weapons and meth labs and such, and say, "Look -- here's what we've taken off the street. The key thing to this are the perps."

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 4:13 pm 
Longtime Regular

joelr wrote:
kimberman wrote:

Yup. And he can't pile up a stack of perps with their weapons and meth labs and such, and say, "Look -- here's what we've taken off the street. The key thing to this are the perps."

Of course he can't. The perps have already largely walked.

"The right of citizens to bear arms is just one more guarantee against arbitrary government, one more safeguard against the tyranny which now appears remote in America, but which historically has proved to be always possible." - Vice President Hubert H. Humphrey, 1960

"Man has the right to deal with his oppressors by devouring their palpitating hearts." - Jean-Paul Marat

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.