Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:40 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 One to stop: Ramstad Is Toying With Run For Minn. Governor 
 Post subject: One to stop: Ramstad Is Toying With Run For Minn. Governor
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:11 pm 
Longtime Regular

Rated F by the NRA:Ramstad on gun control

Quote:
Ramstad Is Toying With Run For Minn. Governor

Former Republican Congressman Jim Ramstad says he's attended brainstorming sessions about a possible run for Minnesota governor, although he's not ready to jump in.

Ramstad, who recently left Washington after eight terms, won't give a timetable for making a decision. He said he's weighing whether he wants "to give up a relatively normal life that I've reclaimed to get back in the fray."

The Minnesota governor's race is seen as wide open for Democrats and Republicans because GOP Gov. Tim Pawlenty isn't seeking a third term in 2010.

Ramstad briefly addressed the race Friday after delivering a keynote address to a League of Minnesota Cities luncheon. In the speech, he accused both parties of worrying more about their political bases than making sound policy.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: One to stop: Ramstad Is Toying With Run For Minn. Governor
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:10 pm 
Longtime Regular

His campaign needs to be kicked to the curb before it starts.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:44 pm 
Longtime Regular

Now, please don't flame me, as I am not in the mood.

Thinking as a consumate politician might think (I am not a politician): Why not invite him to a bar to discuss the "issues". I'd be happy to buy the first round.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:48 pm 
Longtime Regular

Traveler wrote:
Why not invite him to a bar to discuss the "issues". I'd be happy to buy the first round.

Because he is an alcoholic?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:53 pm 
Longtime Regular

DeanC wrote:
Traveler wrote:
Why not invite him to a bar to discuss the "issues". I'd be happy to buy the first round.

He is? Wow.

I had a few to many conversations with his sister when she was the Commissioner for the Department of Corrections. Great family I believe. They might have found their true calling running a convenience store somewhere rather than politics and/or law.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:07 pm 

DeanC wrote:
Traveler wrote:

all the better, if he's been on the wagon for a while it won't take as much before you can get him on camera spouting off what he really thinks. :twisted:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:34 am 

" . . . it won't take as much before you can get him on camera spouting off what he really thinks."

From my knowledge of Congressman Ramstad, I'll guess that when he speaks, we really are hearing what he thinks. We may not like what we're hearing, but he's always struck me as one of the least disingenuous politicians. If I try to picture him as a drunk from years ago, all I can see in my mind is the happiest guy in the bar who knows everybody's name. And I would pick him long before I'd pic anyone from the Other Party. Anyone.

And I'm thinking that it's gonna be someone from the Other Party this time, 'cuz, anti-'Bama backlash or no, Minnesotans have become some of the more vacuous, uninformed, gullible wannabee do-gooders in the country. Wellstone wasn't bad enough, so they went for a basically hostile, sarcastic, angry guy with fast comebacks to play senator for them. While he's helping to ramrod cap and trade through, all the Kenwood and Edina and Duluth and Wayzata and Rochester feelgood "I work in the home" types can ponder just how well residents of the state that has to heat every building anyone ever uses for seven months out of the year will do in a system designed to quell 85% of our energy use. I just wanna see their faces when they finally realize that "cap and trade" doesn't mean free collectible hats for all who recycle.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.