Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:44 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 kimberman on KTALK - 100.3 Saturday Morning 
 Post subject: Re: kimberman on KTALK - 100.3 Saturday Morning
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:37 am 

gyrfalcon wrote:
Andrew Rothman wrote:
....A speaker phone, even a very good one, must make constant decisions about who talks and who listens. Headsets and handsets are bidirectional.

Most of the speaker phones that have been made in the last decade are full duplex. I do understand if there is a dislike for them, since many people use them inappropriately. In a quite room you shouldn't experience problems with acoustic echoes and feedback. Now if you're talking into your cellphone, that's a different matter. :shock:

Winner! When gyrfalcon writes "speaker phone", don't think "normal office phone on speaker/microphone operation". They *do* suck, and, as Andrew mentioned, are half-duplex.

Table-top, dedicated-function wall-powered speakerphones are full-duplex and have noise-cancelling circuitry built in. Polycom devices, when powered on, emit a "bong" sound to measure the acoustics of teh room they're in, and adjust the internal signal-processing circuits to match the room.

Now back to your regularly-scheduled topic.

Kimberman - you rock! Thanks for speaking up for all of us.

jb

John Farnam (I believe)

Post subject: Re: kimberman on KTALK - 100.3 Saturday Morning
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:16 am 
Longtime Regular

I listened to the PodCast, thanks. You did a wonderful job and I learned a great deal.

I sometimes wonder if people such as the person interviewing you are aware that Heller won his case? They wonder out loud why you would file an amicus on the side of Heller. The only thing to wonder about is why the people on the wrong side of the issues filed theirs.

As time goes on in the post-Heller world, I am continually amazed that we keep hearing assertions (sometimes only suggestions) that the 2A protects the right of states to maintain their own armies.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.