Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:17 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ] 
 Minn. Teen Reaches Deal In Bank Robbery 
 Post subject: Minn. Teen Reaches Deal In Bank Robbery
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:02 pm 

These guys rob a bank with a short barreled shotgun and almost all of the charges are being dropped. If I chopped the barrel on a shotgun down to 15.75" and just got caught with it I can see myself ending up in the basement of some federal prison for a long time. What gives? :bang:

Quote:
19-year-old college basketball prospect from Minnesota has reached a plea deal with prosecutors for his alleged involvement in a bank robbery last summer.

Defense attorney Eric Nelson says Anthony DiLoreto, of Minnetonka, pleaded no contest to a felony charge of robbery as a party to a crime.

The Burnett County judge handed down a deferred judgment of conviction. The charge could be dismissed next year if DiLoreto does not have similar offenses.

DiLoreto also pleaded guilty to a felony charge of possession of burglary tools, Nelson said Friday. Sentencing on that charge is Oct. 22. It carries a maximum penalty of 3 1/2 years in prison.

DiLoreto's friend Melvin Fletcher, 17, allegedly came up with a plan to rob a Danbury bank in August 2008. DiLoreto drove them there in his mother's car. Fletcher, armed with DiLoreto's sawed-off shotgun, left the bank with $1,000, according to prosecutors.

Prosecutors say DiLoreto heard sirens, became frightened and drove home. Officers found Fletcher walking west of Danbury and arrested him, police said. Police arrested DiLoreto at his home.

Fletcher, of Hopkins, Minn., pleaded guilty in January to robbery with threat of force. A charge of possessing a short-barreled shotgun was dismissed. He was sentenced to five years of extended supervision, 10 years of probation and a stayed sentence of three years in prison.

DiLoreto originally faced charges of robbery of a financial institution and possession of a short-barreled shotgun, both of which he pleaded not guilty to in October. Nelson said those charges were dismissed in the plea agreement.

DiLoreto, a 7-foot-tall former center for Hopkins High School, gave up a basketball scholarship to California Polytechnic State University after he was charged. Nelson said college basketball prospects remain for DiLoreto.

DiLoreto also has to participate in a "restorative justice program" in which he has to talk with the robbery victims, Nelson said.

In a big country dreams stay with you, like a lover's voice fires the mountainside. Stay alive.

Post subject: Re: Minn. Teen Reaches Deal In Bank Robbery
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:02 pm 
Longtime Regular

Yeah, but you weren't just about to start turning your life around. :bang:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:11 am 
Longtime Regular

And you, most likely, suck at basketball. :P :P

Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Chris

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:26 am 

Moby Clarke wrote:
And you, most likely, suck at basketball. :P :P

That's true, but I also suck at hockey! I'm an equal opportunity sucker. :P

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:30 am 

gyrfalcon wrote:
These guys rob a bank with a short barreled shotgun and almost all of the charges are being dropped. If I chopped the barrel on a shotgun down to 15.75" and just got caught with it I can see myself ending up in the basement of some federal prison for a long time. What gives? :bang:

Well, I think the first line of the story says it all.
Quote:
19-year-old college basketball prospect

Once again, leading our youth to believe that if you're talented in sports and have the possibility of playing professionally (or currently are), you're less likely to be charged with a crime. :roll:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:32 am 
Longtime Regular

"Restorative justice program"?

I've got an idea of restorative justice. How about giving that short-barreled shotgun to the robbery victims and letting them point it at him so he can cry and crap his pants wondering if he's about to get ventilated, just like his victims had to worry?

-Mark

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:43 pm 

different rules for the rich and famous...and apparently the soon-to-be rich and famous

however, do the locals have the right to dismiss BATF and tax related charges?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:54 pm 

akodo wrote:
different rules for the rich and famous...and apparently the soon-to-be rich and famous

however, do the locals have the right to dismiss BATF and tax related charges?

I have NO IDEA...but it seems like they do!

In a big country dreams stay with you, like a lover's voice fires the mountainside. Stay alive.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:52 am 

Too bad old Mr. Miller (and his short barreled shotgun) didn't have any basketball prospects, things might have worked out a little differently for all of us.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_v._Miller

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:31 am 
Longtime Regular

It seems highly likely that we have not seen the last of this kid.

"The right of citizens to bear arms is just one more guarantee against arbitrary government, one more safeguard against the tyranny which now appears remote in America, but which historically has proved to be always possible." - Vice President Hubert H. Humphrey, 1960

"Man has the right to deal with his oppressors by devouring their palpitating hearts." - Jean-Paul Marat

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:31 pm 
Longtime Regular

chunkstyle wrote:
It seems highly likely that we have not seen the last of this kid.

Heh, Mark told us these kids were just turning their lives around! :D You wouldn't be calling him a liar would you??? :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:30 pm 
In the time out chair

It's called the best justice you can afford.

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.