Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:34 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 They are not "representatives;" they are deities. 
 Post subject: They are not "representatives;" they are deities.
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 6:46 am 
Wise Elder

Actual words of a House Democratic Representative who barely won a Republican district by a squeaking 2% in 2008.

Quote:
REP. MASSA: I will vote for the single payer bill.

PARTICIPANT: Even if it meant you were being voted out of office?

MASSA: I will vote adamantly against the interests of my district if I actually think what I am doing is going to be helpful.

MASSA: I will vote against their opinion if I actually believe it will help them.

Never vote for a DEMOCRAT; not even a "moderate" one. They will always stab you in the back on some crucial issue!

{THE only EXCEPTION is p-r-o-v-e-n "conservative" Democrats who have taken the party's heat and not broken. Example: Sen. Tom Bakke.}

Post subject: Re: They are not "representatives;" they are dieties.
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:26 am 

So what this clown is really saying is: I told you want you wanted to hear to get elected now to heck with representing your interets I'm going to vote the way I want.

That pretty much sums up the way I think most politicians act to get in office and when they are in office.

So while I'm disappointed in the comments it does not surprise me one bit.

Not to high jack this thread but I was watching a session of our local elected officals on TV awhile back and came to the conclusion quickly the majority of them are idiots and I had no idea how they ever got in office. If you ever want to really be scared about this country's future watch a few senate discussions or read a few of the bills. These folks waste more time on crap than sticking to the business of running an effective government.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:28 pm 

mmcnx2 wrote:
...These folks waste more time on crap than sticking to the business of running an effective government.

Well, yeah. If they had an effective government, they'd be home more often because there wouldn't be much to discuss. How are they going to get all those nice trips and vacations and fancy dinners if things are efficient?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 5:06 pm 
Site Admin

mmcnx2 wrote:
So what this clown is really saying is: I told you want you wanted to hear to get elected now to heck with representing your interets I'm going to vote the way I want.

What he's really saying is "I'm going to represent what I think your interests are, not what you think they are."

What he really believes I don't know. He's a politician, he probably doesn't have any actual beliefs.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: They are not "representatives;" they are deities.
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:14 pm 
Longtime Regular

I watched the video clip on the news...interestingly enough, I understood that he was talking about his OPPOSITION to the health care bill.

He plans on voting against it as is, even though his local constituents want health care. He says they don't understand what's in that particular bill...

I can't argue with that.

Post subject: Re: They are not "representatives;" they are deities.
PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:50 am 
Longtime Regular

As activists, we should know very well how difficult it is to get people to act in their own self-interests, indeed, it's the entire point of activism to educate them into doing so.

In this case, they need to vote this creep out.

"The right of citizens to bear arms is just one more guarantee against arbitrary government, one more safeguard against the tyranny which now appears remote in America, but which historically has proved to be always possible." - Vice President Hubert H. Humphrey, 1960

"Man has the right to deal with his oppressors by devouring their palpitating hearts." - Jean-Paul Marat

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.