Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:17 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 AV Sergeant Challenging Gudmundson for Dakota County Sheriff 
 Post subject: Re: AV Sergeant Challenging Gudmundson for Dakota County Sheriff
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:48 am 
Longtime Regular

Onesimus wrote:
Rem700 wrote:
When did Mn get a concealment and carry law?

I notice a lot of people nit-pick over this one. It doesn't bother me, but to illustrate why I think it's nit-picking, I'll see your bet and raise. "Concealed Carry" implies that you must conceal. Minnesota doesn't have that. "Conceal and Carry" implies that you may conceal, but either way you can carry. That seems to describe Minnesota pretty well.

In that case, we might as well expand the language to say "MN has a conceal, print, open, half concealed, multipule gun and carry law."

"If man will not work, he shall not eat" (2 Th 3:14)
"If you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one" -Jesus (Luke 22:36)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:02 pm 

PocketProtector642 wrote:
In that case, we might as well expand the language to say "MN has a conceal, print, open, half concealed, multipule gun and carry law."

I like that! But wouldn't it be easier to say "The Minnesota PPA allows you to carry any way you see fit, so long as you have a permit" ?

MM

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:49 pm 

a911scanner wrote:

I like that! But wouldn't it be easier to say "The Minnesota PPA allows you to carry any way you see fit, so long as you have a permit" ?

MM

Well, as long as we've established that we need to nit-pick, we should clarify that carrying in your shooting hand is not permissible, unless you are justified in using your weapon (facing imminent threat of death or grave bodily harm).

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 3:52 pm 
Longtime Regular

Onesimus wrote:
a911scanner wrote:

MM

Well, as long as we've established that we need to nit-pick, we should clarify that carrying in your shooting hand is not permissible, unless you are justified in using your weapon (facing imminent threat of death or grave bodily harm).

Nope. If you want to carry a gun in your hand, that's not necessarily a crime. Not wise, but not necessarily a crime.

Also, there are lots of times where pointing a gun might be reasonable force under MN Stat. 609.06, which does not require an immediate danger of death or great bodily harm.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.