Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:42 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 This is true in minneapolis-St. Paul too 
 Post subject: This is true in minneapolis-St. Paul too
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:12 pm 
Wise Elder

Bad people doing bad things. As usual.

Quote:
The majority of homicide victims and suspects involved in the 39 killings that occurred in Milwaukee in the first six months of 2009 were no strangers to crime, according to a report released Thursday.

About 75% of the victims and about 86% of the suspects had prior arrests, according to the report, compiled by the Milwaukee Homicide Review Commission.

Victims killed in the first six months of 2009 had an average of 12.4 prior arrests, the report shows. Suspects in those homicides had an average of 12.8 prior arrests. ["Average" implies some had none; others had 100's.]

"We know the majority of homicides are occurring in the highest crime, dense areas. We know that the majority of them are somehow crime-related," said Mallory O'Brien, director of the Homicide Review Commission. "If you're not involved in the drug trade and you don't have a criminal record, the likelihood that you're going to be involved in a homicide or shooting is very small," she said.

"I think if we look at the trends . . . we're stabilizing," O'Brien said. "The criminal justice community has been doing a good job in targeting with the right individuals and the right locations."

http://www.jsonline.com/news/crime/50947192.html

Post subject: Re: This is true in minneapolis-St. Paul too
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:40 am 
Longtime Regular

Very true in any major city, I'd think. But Milwaukee is really becoming a cesspool. You couldn't pay me enough to get me to move back there.

-Mark

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.