Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:56 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Duluth laws 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 2:53 pm 
Longtime Regular

Ok, I give up- let it be

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 8:06 pm 
Forum Moderator/<br>AV Geek

Unfortunatly I don't think there is anything illegal about having laws on the books that are considered "void" by the state. The matter would have to have a test case in court for the AG to get involved.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 12:09 am 
Longtime Regular

Maybe, but what about the poor sap who might get arrested and spend a lot of money defending himself even if Duluth's law is bogus?

Their law shouldn't of ever been allowed to be on their books in the first place.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 4:54 am 
Longtime Regular

I carried in Duluth a few months ago...

...and nothing happened!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 8:01 am 

.....nothing happened because fortunately for you nothing happened. There's a Gun Show this weekend at the DECC (Duluth Entertainment Convention Center)(certainly a city owned building) and there will be thousands of guns being carried legally as well as illegally. BUT, so long as it benefits the City's Coffer (with admission fees, rental fees, parking fees etc) then it's obviously OK. Duluth is a POLITICAL CITY full of hypocracy and ambiguity...not my favorite place to shop or much less visit.
I'm even going to pass on the Gun Show this weekend.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 2:56 pm 
Longtime Regular

Is there an update on the young NA who was busted in Duluth for carrying with a permit.
I think the story started on Glock talk, was refered here and dissapeared, wisely with the advice of getting a lawyer involved. Scary tale for sure...........
So does someone have an update???????

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 6:36 pm 
Longtime Regular

That story was posted by gunthorp. (He was my instructor) I haven't seen a post from him since.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:26 pm 

Well I just moved back to SE MN after living in Duluth for two years. Glad I no longer have to worry about getting in trouble for LEGALLY carrying like the man mentioned in this topic did.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 8:46 pm 

Went to the Duluth DECC Gun Show today (in the City owned building)and I carried my Glock 27 there and back. Oh sure, I know nothing happened because nothing happened but I get the sense from speaking with others that their "City Ordnance" prohibiting handgun carry in City owned buildings and properties has significant more bark than bite. I think they are just using it as a deterent to get their way. Would the pursue prosecuting someone "in violation"...I seriously doubt it. Good Gun Show by the way. They moved it to a larger (more area) room than previous years and it was pretty nice. Ammo prices were pretty high.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.