Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:20 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
 State Representative to watch out for 
 Post subject: State Representative to watch out for
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 3:41 pm 
Wise Elder

A Board member of Citizens for a Safer Minnesota will be a state representative after January 1. That means she can introduce any bill they desire and pester her DFL colleagues to enact it.

http://www.house.leg.state.mn.us/member ... strict=64A

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 11:09 pm 
Longtime Regular

Swell... :cry: :cry: :shock: :shock: :x :x

Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Chris

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 4:10 pm 

She looks cheery! :roll: I am sure we will be talking about her and others more when the time comes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 7:52 pm 
Longtime Regular

Oh great, we will have another broom rider to contend with. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 5:08 pm 
Longtime Regular

I think she should focus on something that kills far more children than guns, obesity. She sets a poor example to the children with her excess weight, we just cannot let fat people run amok killing our children!

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." - Sigmund Freud

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 6:07 pm 
Longtime Regular

matt160 wrote:
I think she should focus on something that kills far more children than guns, obesity. She sets a poor example to the children with her excess weight, we just cannot let fat people run amok killing our children!

You made me spit my beer! :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol:

Side Guard Holsters
"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 3:28 pm 

matt160 wrote:

Priceless.

Post subject: She's worth watching -- so to speak -- but . . .
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 4:19 pm 
The Man

. . . but with still having Nora Slawik in the House, we've already got one CSM board member there. Beyond that, the antis in the House may be smart enough to have somebody who isn't known to be a demagogue on the issue be the principal (or only) author of a problematic bill.

One longtime lobbyist I know and whose opinion I respect has been known to go on about how stupid the Metrocrats are, and in the next sentence talk about how devious and clever they can be. I think he is right.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 8:13 am 

Nora Slawik is the Rep in my district. The first time she ran, she stood on my doorstep and asked me if I have any legislative issues (this was before the 2003 passage of the MPPA).

I told her "I would like to see the issuance of carry permits handled uniformly throughout the state. It should not be easier for someone in Brainerd to get a permit than someone in Maplewood." She said she agreed with me 100%, and if elected, she would work to see that happen!

I was smart enough not to believe her.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 8:30 am 

dom wrote:
Nora Slawik is the Rep in my district. The first time she ran, she stood on my doorstep and asked me if I have any legislative issues (this was before the 2003 passage of the MPPA).

I told her "I would like to see the issuance of carry permits handled uniformly throughout the state. It should not be easier for someone in Brainerd to get a permit than someone in Maplewood." She said she agreed with me 100%, and if elected, she would work to see that happen!

I was smart enough not to believe her.

What she meant was that she'd see to it that permits in Brainerd would be hard to get, too! She spoke the truth but was deliberately misleading; just another day in the life of a politician.

jb

John Farnam (I believe)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.