Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:07 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Ramsey County 
 Post subject: Ramsey County
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 9:05 am 

Long story short I have another valuable teaching moment coming up very soon but I want to be able to be able to speak intelligently about the whole Ramsey County situation because I'm sure it will come up eventually.

I'm having some trouble compiling a sum total of what the issues were in the first place so I was hoping my fellow carry instructors and permit holders could lend a hand filling in some of the details and catch anything I may have missed.

Obviously most recently they have the budget reporting issue, extraordinary costs claimed for permit processing 2 full time people to process less than 2 applications a day.

The abnormal number of permit denials due to Danger to Self or Others (is this a similar issue to Scott Wiggens making up definitions for things in statute rather than using the commonly used definition?) Or is it a case of them just being sticklers and doing a little CYA?

Is Sheriff Bob Fletcher a part (or more than part) of the issue. I found the old thread of him trying to cancel a permit (perhaps for political reasons) but nothing outright anti-gun. Any history on him and gun issues would be greatly appreciated as I haven't been able to pull up much in that regard but could swear I've seen things previously.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.