Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:06 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
 Campus carry discussion going on at MNspeak 
 Post subject: Campus carry discussion going on at MNspeak
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 10:16 am 

There are a lot of very charged people commenting on the issue of carrying on campus over at MNspeak. Apparently, according to many, it means a bunch of 18-22 year olds running around campus drunk and with guns. A lot of the comments speak to their own personal fears, ignorance, and prejudices.

http://www.mnspeak.com/mnspeak/archive/post-5215.cfm#comments

I think it could use some comments from us!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 10:55 am 
Longtime Regular

Chimed in my $.02, not that I expect it to do much good with a bunch of emotionally-motivated antis over there.

-Mark

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:16 am 
Longtime Regular

Yea, I took a look this weekend. Those people seem too far gone for any response to be of any use.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:34 pm 
Journeyman Member

Sigh...

Each day I sit defenseless at the U of M until this ban gets overturned... then again according to Bruninks guns "don't fit within the culture of the University"...whatever that means.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:10 pm 

You have a choice to obey or disregard the UMN ban. it's simply another cost/benefit decision, though one that's answer is best kept private.

Check out the UMN you tube channel to get a better idea of how out of touch the administration is.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:53 am 
Longtime Regular

singhcr wrote:
Sigh...

Each day I sit defenseless at the U of M until this ban gets overturned... then again according to Bruninks guns "don't fit within the culture of the University"...whatever that means.

I use to work at the U of M Police security. U proper is the safest place in Minneapolis but step off of the property one foot (U of M stats are only for their property not the near by neighborhoods) and it is not so much.

Get a pocket gun... don't tell anyone and you'll have options at least. We all have a choice.

Side Guard Holsters
"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:15 pm 
Longtime Regular

Srigs wrote:
singhcr wrote:
Sigh...

I use to work at the U of M Police security. U proper is the safest place in Minneapolis but step off of the property one foot (U of M stats are only for their property not the near by neighborhoods) and it is not so much.

Get a pocket gun... don't tell anyone and you'll have options at least. We all have a choice.

Yeah, at least you'll have the options. You can deal with the repercussions if you have to use it. And I'm guessing if you have to use it, those repercussions will seem minuscule by comparison to what could have been.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:59 pm 
Longtime Regular

kecker wrote:
Srigs wrote:
singhcr wrote:
Sigh...

Yeah, at least you'll have the options. You can deal with the repercussions if you have to use it. And I'm guessing if you have to use it, those repercussions will seem minuscule by comparison to what could have been.

Once your not on campus proper they can't do anything to you.

Side Guard Holsters
"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:06 pm 

There was some controversy a while back when the U was considering academic sanctions against people who commited various crimes. It had something to do with a lower legal standard than conviction being nessesary. No idea what ever came of it, but if that is in place the last statement may or may not be true.

I always wonder how to define campus proper. Obviously there are provisions for transport via vehicle and such, but how about washington avenue? Or the streets/sidewalks near the superblock/med-center?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.