Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:11 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Dumb Texas Criminals 
 Post subject: Dumb Texas Criminals
PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:17 pm 

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,417122,00.html

BLUE MOUND, Texas —

When two gunmen smashed through the glass front door of her suburban Fort Worth home, Kellie Hoehn didn't think twice.

The 34-year-old mother of two grabbed a shotgun that had been pointed at her face early Wednesday, starting a struggle that ended with one intruder killed with his own weapon and another in the hospital.

"I wasn't going to let them get to my babies," she said, recalling the moment when she pushed up the muzzle of the shotgun, pointing it away from her children's rooms.

Although the intruders told her to keep quiet, she screamed for her husband. She told her 12-year-old son, who was awakened by the sound of the shattering glass front door, to get his 5-year-old sister and hide.

"It was like a horror movie," her husband, 32-year-old Keith Hoehn, told the Fort Worth Star-Telegram. "I thought I was a dead man. We're fighting for our lives."

With Kellie Hoehn clinging to the weapon's muzzle, her husband tackled the man who held the shotgun. She knocked the intruder in the head with a jar candle, giving her husband a chance to wrest the shotgun.

By then the tussle had spilled out onto the front lawn. Keith Hoehn shot one of the men who had a pistol, police said. Wounded, that man ran away.

Then the intruder who initially had the shotgun charged Keith Hoehn.

Kellie Hoehn told The Dallas Morning News that she screamed at her husband, "Shoot him, shoot him, shoot him."

Her husband fired the shotgun and the man fell to the ground. Then the shot man lunged a second time.

"Well, I shot him again, and I guess that was it," Keith Hoehn said.

Dakota Scott Benoit, 20, of Richland Hills, was pronounced dead at a hospital. John Garland Pierson, 25, of Haltom City, was in critical condition and in police custody at the hospital.

"I am not happy that someone is dead," Kellie Hoehn said. "But I am glad that my family is alive."

Police said Pierson was shot in the left arm and the bullet pierced his diaphragm and other organs but his condition was improving. He will face charges of burglary of habitation with intent to commit another felony, police said.

Investigators say the couple were just defending their family and probably won't be charged.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 8:51 pm 
Site Admin

Why isn't Pierson being charged with felony murder? Somebody died in the course of a felony he was committing.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 6:57 am 
Longtime Regular

So maybe the gun ban advocates are right after all; in an armed conflict, the other party might take your gun away and use it against you.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 5:43 pm 
Longtime Regular

DeanC wrote:
So maybe the gun ban advocates are right after all; in an armed conflict, the other party might take your gun away and use it against you.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Or the ones who want it more come out on top most of the time. The family did what everyone should do and fight for their life no matter what. If someone tried that right now would get 6 rounds of full power 357.

Side Guard Holsters
"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:01 pm 
Longtime Regular

Kellie Hoehn wrote:
I am not happy that someone is dead, but I am glad that my family is alive.

That's what it's all about. Why is that so hard for some people to understand?

Last edited by Andrew Rothman on Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:31 pm 

http://www.topix.com/city/blue-mound-tx

For follow up check link-- Looks like the guys partner is being charged and the homeowners won't have any legal problems--

I have a friend in Mason, TX (Texas hill country, where the sheriff started making inmates wear pink- before the sheriff in AZ) and things sure are different down there--

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.