Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:28 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Full "Moon" Spotted in Cottage Grove 
 Post subject: Full "Moon" Spotted in Cottage Grove
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 8:27 am 
Longtime Regular

Quote:
Full "Moon" Spotted in Cottage Grove

Published : Saturday, 16 May 2009, 10:28 PM CDT

* Karen Scullin

COTTAGE GROVE, Minn - COTTAGE GROVE, Minn. -- A full moon is spotted in Cottage Grove. Police say an officer was sitting across the parking lot from the American Motorsports Bar and Grill shortly after midnight last Saturday. He was using the car's new camera and zoomed in to see what was going on outside of the bar. A 23 year old man came out of the bar, mooned the officer, than patted his rear end. The camera caught him, and the officer cited him for indecent exposure.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 9:13 am 
Longtime Regular

That's actually golden. :P :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 12:29 pm 

Isn't waiting outside a bar for people to come out and get in their car called 'profiling'? The officer could be out patrolling, looking for people actually doing something wrong or needing help, instead of lying in wait.

:roll:

BB

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 3:12 pm 
Longtime Regular

There are bars in my jurisdiction that have a lot of parking lot fights after midnight and around bar-close. One legitimate reason for him to be there.

OTOH, if he's waiting for a drunk to be stupid enough to see a cop and still get in his car and drive, I have no problem with that.

Profiling would be if he only pulled over the cute women that left there. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 2:50 pm 

One, I think it's pretty funny and two, he probably just hadn't met his quota (that doesn't exist) for DWIs this month.

To bad the guy didn't go outside, notice the cop and go back in and get everyone in the bar to come out and moon the officer. Don't get me wrong I have nothing against police officers. I just happen to think it would be really funny. Can't you just hear the radio call for back up on that one. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 3:17 pm 
Longtime Regular

Hey, if a cop wants to catch some lowlife scum getting into a car and turning the key while drunk, it works for me!

Drunk drivers rate pretty high on my you-deserve-a-nice-cell-and-are-an-idiot list.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 4:18 pm 
The Man

BigBlue wrote:
Isn't waiting outside a bar for people to come out and get in their car called 'profiling'? The officer could be out patrolling, looking for people actually doing something wrong or needing help, instead of lying in wait.

:roll:

BB
To the extent that one thinks DUI is a real problem -- I do, although I think that MADD ladies are barking MADD -- metaphorically shooting the drunken fish as they flop out of the barrel is a good thing, and while I know you're kidding, it's not profiling.

Ron White: "As it turns out, they were stopping everybody who was driving down that particular . . . sidewalk. That's profilin', and it's wrong."

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 10:12 pm 
Longtime Regular

JimC will hate his, but I'm a lifetime member of DAMM: Drunks Against Madd Mothers. :lol:

"Build a man a fire, he'll be warm for a night. Set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life." ~ unknown

Never been tazered. (yet).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 6:57 am 
Raving Moderate

Aquaholic wrote:
JimC will hate his, but I'm a lifetime member of DAMM: Drunks Against Madd Mothers. :lol:

Now that's funny, right there- I don't care who you are... :wink:

My real name is Jeremiah (go figure). ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 12:23 pm 

My whole point was the frustration that the cops are using the fact that you are walking out of a bar as a reason to stop you. Instead, they should be using factual evidence - visible indications you are impaired, such as weaving, driving too slow/fast, etc., not circumstantial evidence "he was at a bar, he must be impaired". Sitting outside the bar will get them revenue from stopping someone at 0.08 who is fully capable of driving safely and it will hassle others who are not even at 0.08, and those are both wrong. Stop those who are causing problems, not those who 'might be'.

BB

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 12:25 pm 
Longtime Regular

Reminds of that old joke:
Quote:
One night, a police officer was stalking out a particularly rowdy bar for possible violations of the driving under the influence laws. At closing time, he saw a fellow stumble out of the bar, trip on the curb, and try his keys on five different cars before he found his.

Then, sat in the front seat fumbling around with his keys for several minutes. Everyone left the bar and drove off. Finally, he started his engine and began to pull away.

The police officer was waiting for him. He stopped the driver, read him his rights and administered the Breathalyzer test. The results showed a reading of 0.0. The puzzled officer demanded to know how that could be. The driver replied, "Tonight, I'm the Designated Decoy."

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 1:14 pm 
Longtime Regular

BigBlue wrote:
Sitting outside the bar will get them revenue from stopping someone at 0.08 who is fully capable of driving safely...

:?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 6:55 pm 

If they can now stop me for not wearing my seat belt they should certainly be able to sit outside of the bars in wait for someone who may actually hurt someone because of their condition.

Sorry, just not tolerant at all of drunk drivers and think that the new seat belt law is just plain stupid!!!

Post subject: Re: Full "Moon" Spotted in Cottage Grove
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 4:03 pm 

DeanC wrote:
Quote:
Full "Moon" Spotted in Cottage Grove.... A 23 year old man came out of the bar, mooned the officer, than patted his rear end. The camera caught him, and the officer cited him for indecent exposure.

It always seems funny until they decided to put you on the "sex offender registry"... :shock:

In a big country dreams stay with you, like a lover's voice fires the mountainside. Stay alive.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 6:53 pm 
Journeyman Member

tman065 wrote:
There are bars in my jurisdiction that have a lot of parking lot fights after midnight and around bar-close. One legitimate reason for him to be there.

OTOH, if he's waiting for a drunk to be stupid enough to see a cop and still get in his car and drive, I have no problem with that.

Profiling would be if he only pulled over the cute women that left there. :lol:

I live not too far from this 'fine' establishment. Alas, if anyone is waiting for a cute girl to emerge, better get ready for a LONG wait....

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.