Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:44 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Reaction to Masked Man 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 5:22 am 

Does apparel count as conduct?

Sure, putting it on in public would be conduct, but actually just wearing it, I dunno.

Also the "offensive" gets into that murky free speech stuff. "Art is offensive" and all that.

Heh, that would be an entertaining court battle.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 8:10 am 
Forum Moderator

I don't think I'd want to try this, but what about open carry of a Colt 45 while wearing a Lone Ranger costume, complete with mask.

Open carry is legal and the Lone Ranger outfit is "incidental to entertainment"!

Regular time and/or Halloween? :D

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 10:26 am 
Longtime Regular

MCXL wrote:
Does apparel count as conduct?

Sure, putting it on in public would be conduct, but actually just wearing it, I dunno.

Also the "offensive" gets into that murky free speech stuff. "Art is offensive" and all that.

Heh, that would be an entertaining court battle.

Yep.

Of course if were here, the court battle might be the assault charge from the shooting of the masked man.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 1:28 pm 

Binky .357 wrote:
The one reason this guy wore a mask around was to terrify people working in retail locations by making them think they were being robbed...If any of you has survived a robbery, ask yourselves, how funny is this, really. If you know anyone who has survived a robbery, ask them if they can appreciate this "humor".

I'll presume you were a robbery victim? Did they really wear nylon stockings in the incident you were involved in? If Somalis weren't in the metro area I'm sure you would freak out if a women walked in wearing her veil?

The guy who put this video up said he wanted it to be a "fashion statement". I generally take the stand point of a libertarian, which means people can go around dressed as whatever they want for most any reason.

Would you claim assault charges if some guy in a BDSM outfit walked into your store?

In a big country dreams stay with you, like a lover's voice fires the mountainside. Stay alive.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 3:11 pm 
Longtime Regular

gyrfalcon wrote:
Would you claim assault charges if some guy in a BDSM outfit walked into your store?

No shirt, no shoes. I'd kick him out and call the cops about indecent exposure.

"We're either gonna be the best of friends or there's gonna be a whole lotta shootin' goin' on."

"I think it's a good thing for serving cops to mix with non-cops in a situation where they understand that they aren't in charge." -JoelR

"You'd be amazed at the things a bullet can stop." -Old Irish Proverb

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 7:00 pm 
Longtime Regular

Binky .357 wrote:

:lol: :lol:

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Reaction to Masked Man
PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 9:27 pm 

My dad bought a lake home in 1955. There was a small general store within walking distance. Candy, canned goods and stuff you forgot to pack on the trip to the lake. The store was bought and sold. it was open in the summer months, (school out) and deer hunting. In a time before snowmobiles. The store changed hands. Summer had come and gone. Deer season was upon us. The Mrs. store owner had been a city gal. The first deer hunter came in after the days hunt. Put some canned goods and other items onto the counter. The gal said $2.49 please. He reached down and and Unzipped his fly. He reached deep inside and pulled out his . . . . . . . Wallet. Seems he had his red hunting pants on over his regular clothes. . . . . . . . . The Mrs. owner let out a sigh of relief. . . . . It was her first hunting season. I guess that she is now a Country girl.

Steve / KA0OLD

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 6:16 pm 

Binky .357 wrote:

I was actually looking for a picture where he had on a leather jacket, hood, and boots. I decided to abandon my search after finding too many...other things. :shock:

In a big country dreams stay with you, like a lover's voice fires the mountainside. Stay alive.

Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:33 pm 

gyrfalcon wrote:
Binky .357 wrote:

I was actually looking for a picture where he had on a leather jacket, hood, and boots. I decided to abandon my search after finding too many...other things. :shock:

Just go to Ground Zero on Saturday night, at about 11:30PM...

...You'll find the droids you're looking for, there.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Reaction to Masked Man
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:38 pm 
Longtime Regular

I guess the saying "None is as blind as those who refuse to see" rings true in this case.

I hope none of you are ever on the recieving end of an armed robbery. That would be the most unfortunate way of having your eyes opened. Unfortunately you may not survive the lesson.

"We're either gonna be the best of friends or there's gonna be a whole lotta shootin' goin' on."

"I think it's a good thing for serving cops to mix with non-cops in a situation where they understand that they aren't in charge." -JoelR

"You'd be amazed at the things a bullet can stop." -Old Irish Proverb

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:57 am 
Journeyman Member

Quote:
609.735 CONCEALING IDENTITY.
A person whose identity is concealed by the person in a public place by means of a robe, mask, or other disguise, unless based on religious beliefs, or incidental to amusement, entertainment, protection from weather, or medical treatment, is guilty of a misdemeanor.

The libertarian in me really bristles at this statute.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 2:36 am 

TopGear wrote:
Quote:
609.735 CONCEALING IDENTITY.
A person whose identity is concealed by the person in a public place by means of a robe, mask, or other disguise, unless based on religious beliefs, or incidental to amusement, entertainment, protection from weather, or medical treatment, is guilty of a misdemeanor.

The libertarian in me really bristles at this statute.

Ditto... Although I have no idea how they can enforce it. After all, if they don't exactly define who's amusement or entertainment it's incidental to. It sounds like a charge that they would tack on to another crime such as robbing a bank.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:36 am 
Journeyman Member

Exactly -- it reminds me of "possession of burglary tools."

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.