Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:09 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Reaction to Masked Man 
 Post subject: Reaction to Masked Man
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:54 pm 

So you're at a store/behind the counter and you see someone dressed like this...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DrprsBR_T8s&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DrprsBR_T8s&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

In a big country dreams stay with you, like a lover's voice fires the mountainside. Stay alive.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:28 pm 
Longtime Regular

If you want this moved to "stupid stuff" just let us know. :D

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:52 pm 

Aw man! I needed that laugh! :D

"Among the many misdeeds of the British rule in India, history will look upon the act of depriving a whole nation of arms, as the blackest." ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:36 pm 
Longtime Regular

Good thing (for him) that he was in England. Wouldn't want to try that in, say, Arkansas.

"The right of citizens to bear arms is just one more guarantee against arbitrary government, one more safeguard against the tyranny which now appears remote in America, but which historically has proved to be always possible." - Vice President Hubert H. Humphrey, 1960

"Man has the right to deal with his oppressors by devouring their palpitating hearts." - Jean-Paul Marat

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:25 pm 

DeanC wrote:
If you want this moved to "stupid stuff" just let us know. :D

That's where I meant to post it, but I can't find it from the forum index.

edit: Actually I can see it in the forum index now, but it wasn't there a while ago...I swear!

In a big country dreams stay with you, like a lover's voice fires the mountainside. Stay alive.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:44 pm 

He doesn't look like a bank robber!!

He looks like a big condom with a reservoir tip!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:24 pm 
Journeyman Member

I wouldn't want to try that here, but it made my day! :lol:

Bersa Thunder 380
Beretta 92FS
Smith and Wesson M&P15

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:32 pm 
Longtime Regular

Oh, yeah, those wacky Brits... :roll: :roll: :roll:

This is on the same level of humor as stuffing a homemade bomb in a persons mailbox minutes before the mailman shows up. Or slashing a persons tires when they're at the grocery store, buying formula for their infant child. Or chucking a concrete block through an elderly womans living room window in the middle of the night. Just <strike>a hilarous practical joke</strike> activites of a mental degenerate crying out for attention...

Unfortunately, our country isn't insulated from this kind of behavior.

"We're either gonna be the best of friends or there's gonna be a whole lotta shootin' goin' on."

"I think it's a good thing for serving cops to mix with non-cops in a situation where they understand that they aren't in charge." -JoelR

"You'd be amazed at the things a bullet can stop." -Old Irish Proverb

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:50 pm 

Binky .357 wrote:
...This is on the same level of humor as stuffing a homemade bomb in a persons mailbox minutes before the mailman shows up. Or slashing a persons tires when they're at the grocery store, buying formula for their infant child. Or chucking a concrete block through an elderly womans living room window in the middle of the night. Just <strike>a hilarous practical joke</strike> activites of a mental degenerate crying out for attention...

Actually I don't think it's on the same level of "humor" compared to any of the illegal activities you mentioned. If you want to make an analogy, comparing it to a self-deprecating stunt would be more appropriate.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:22 am 
Longtime Regular

Life imitates art?

Wasn't this guy not a real robber either?

:roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:54 am 
Longtime Regular

gyrfalcon wrote:
Binky .357 wrote:
...This is on the same level of humor as stuffing a homemade bomb in a persons mailbox minutes before the mailman shows up. Or slashing a persons tires when they're at the grocery store, buying formula for their infant child. Or chucking a concrete block through an elderly womans living room window in the middle of the night. Just <strike>a hilarous practical joke</strike> activites of a mental degenerate crying out for attention...

Actually I don't think it's on the same level of "humor" compared to any of the illegal activities you mentioned. If you want to make an analogy, comparing it to a self-deprecating stunt would be more appropriate.

I'm inclined to disagree in this case: taking into account that MN statute defines "assault" as (paraphrasing) acting in such a way to create fear of harm or death, and considering the fact that if someone would have pulled a stunt like this when I was working retail (alone, at night, in a somewhat secluded mall) I would have certainly feared for my safety, this guy would, in fact be committing assault in the state of MN.

Just ask anyone who has survived a robbery in the course of their employment.

I would have beaten this mental defective with the nearest convienient bludgeon. I would let the court sort out who was "more guilty".

"We're either gonna be the best of friends or there's gonna be a whole lotta shootin' goin' on."

"I think it's a good thing for serving cops to mix with non-cops in a situation where they understand that they aren't in charge." -JoelR

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:19 am 

Binky .357 wrote:
...I'm inclined to disagree in this case: taking into account that MN statute defines "assault" as (paraphrasing) acting in such a way to create fear of harm or death, and considering the fact that if someone would have pulled a stunt like this when I was working retail (alone, at night, in a somewhat secluded mall) I would have certainly feared for my safety, this guy would, in fact be committing assault in the state of MN...

A persons apparel does not constitute an act with "intent to cause fear in another of immediate bodily harm". It may cause fear, but that alone is not enough for an assault charge.

Someone could wear a t-shirt into a bank that says "give me your money"... that alone is not a crime.

Please remember that this law also protects permit to carry holders. Someone can not file assault charges just because they see your firearm and are fearful.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:30 pm 
Longtime Regular

It would have violated a MN statute.

Quote:
609.735 CONCEALING IDENTITY.
A person whose identity is concealed by the person in a public place by means of a robe, mask, or other disguise, unless based on religious beliefs, or incidental to amusement, entertainment, protection from weather, or medical treatment, is guilty of a misdemeanor.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:38 pm 
Longtime Regular

I might say it could have violated...

It was clearly intended to be incidental to amusement, but to me it was about as amusing as pulling a fire alarm regardless of the laugh track.

But maybe I'm just still too grouchy for my own good.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:46 pm 
Longtime Regular

DeanC wrote:
I might say it could have violated...

It was clearly intended to be incidental to amusement, but to me it was about as amusing as pulling a fire alarm regardless of the laugh track.

But maybe I'm just still too grouchy for my own good.

Ditto.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.