Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:50 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Complaining about Joel Over at Day Care 
 Post subject: Re: looking for a quality carry permit instructor
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:57 pm 
Journeyman Member

It's great to read all the bickering that goes on on both sites. Makes me feel like a kid again......LOL

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:02 pm 
Longtime Regular

joelr wrote:
DeanC wrote:
Well, one nice thing about both boards now is you can choose a specified user and put them on your ignore list and not have to read their posts at all. It spared me some real irritation AFAIK on MGT and probably will here too. :wink:
If you're going to do that here, please note that in the mod/admin group.

Did somebody say something?

I'm kidding of course. For the record I am not ignoring anyone at this time. Those I ignored were so bad they were banned from both boards.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:09 pm 
Longtime Regular

diskdoctr@yahoo.com wrote:
It's great to read all the bickering that goes on on both sites. Makes me feel like a kid again......LOL

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:32 pm 
Longtime Regular

mrokern wrote:
It's funny how many people claim to have been kicked out for just disagreeing with Joel. Hell, if that was true half of the mods and admins around here would be gone.

Hell, when I did it he promoted me... :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:45 pm 
The Man

kecker wrote:
mrokern wrote:
It's funny how many people claim to have been kicked out for just disagreeing with Joel. Hell, if that was true half of the mods and admins around here would be gone.

Yeah, but that's as far as it goes, bucko. Just disagreeing with me again won't get you site ownership. So there.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:13 pm 
Longtime Regular

kecker wrote:
mrokern wrote:

What makes you think he was doing you a favor? :wink:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:19 pm 
Longtime Regular

Then again, today I can't log in to the other site. Not accepting the new password I had it generate.

Hmmm, maybe I could start a conspiracy thread.

Nah. Been done. :lol:

-Mark

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:10 am 
On permanent time out

joelr wrote:
kecker wrote:
mrokern wrote:

Yeah, but that's as far as it goes, bucko. Just disagreeing with me again won't get you site ownership. So there.

wow, i can't believe my eyes. i wake up and make coffee, then start reading the gun forums. the first thing i notice on mnguntalk is that Joel Rosenberg has been banned for 30 days. what's up with this?

[This 'new member' has previously trolled the Forum as, variously, "ein brera", "Ezra Buck," and "1911silver." He's now gone back to the day care site. For those who are interested, his postings come from IP addresses 208.87.234.180 and 67.159.44.138. JR]

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:16 am 
The Man

Why would anybody care? You seem to be fixated on this, for some reason or other.

[ETA: and now we know why Ezra/EZDynamics/Josh was so fixated. Sheesh. Move out of your Mom's basement and get a job, kiddo.]

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Complaining about Joel Over at Day Car
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 6:46 am 
Longtime Regular

Oh dear fucking heaven, I think I'm done over there.

What a whack off fest in that thread. :?

When a few specific people show up at the capitol and actually start calling legislators rather than fawning over each other, then they can call themselves 2A fans. Until then, they're just running their mouths.

-Mark

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:08 am 
Longtime Regular

What gets me is that how much it seems that otherwise rational, grown men cannot just let stuff go. Armed men, I might add. Sheesh.

The division our community has produced will only be rewarded by the laughter of the antis, I fear.

One of the mods over there is now accusing Joel of creating "jonahwaters" (and possibly others) as a sock puppet. Hmm.

"The right of citizens to bear arms is just one more guarantee against arbitrary government, one more safeguard against the tyranny which now appears remote in America, but which historically has proved to be always possible." - Vice President Hubert H. Humphrey, 1960

"Man has the right to deal with his oppressors by devouring their palpitating hearts." - Jean-Paul Marat

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:13 am 
The Man

chunkstyle wrote:
What gets me is that how much it seems that otherwise rational, grown men cannot just let stuff go. Armed men, I might add. Sheesh.

Me, I'm a member of a tribe that's still pissed off at the Amalekites, and we killed the last of them millennia -- plural -- ago.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:15 am 
Longtime Regular

chunkstyle wrote:
The division our community has produced will only be rewarded by the laughter of the antis, I fear.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:23 am 
The Man

mrokern wrote:
Oh dear fucking heaven, I think I'm done over there.

What a whack off fest in that thread. :?

When a few specific people show up at the capitol and actually start calling legislators rather than fawning over each other, then they can call themselves 2A fans. Until then, they're just running their mouths.

-Mark

To be fair, some small number of the kiddies have actually done a little activism in the past; several of them (perhaps as many as six?) have actually shown up at one hearing (I credit plblark for a lot of hard work on that), and I've been told that a few have made some phone calls and maybe written an email or two*. Tom Tousignant was pretty active during the (successful, as it happens, although it was a very close thing, and if it wasn't for Andrea Murphy running her mouth over at Gander at precisely the wrong/right time, it probably would have happened) attempts to prevent the MSA from taking over instructor certification and cutting themselves and the MCA in for a (presumably large) piece of it back in late 2005.

But, yeah, mostly they just run their mouths. Andy "Pinnacle" Shapero is probably the worst -- he's got no interest, he says, in activism around 2A issues, but he's got a lot of interest in telling people who are actually Doing Stuff that they better not make waves while he's jumping up and down, pissing himself, and inciting panic among the other kiddies. Well, at least it's been almost two years now since I got a hangup call from him. (Strong language to follow. Really.)

That said, I don't think there's anything wrong with people having hobbies. I play bridge, myself. Some folks collect wine, or dolls, others guns. (I do all of that. Except for the dolls.) But at least the doll fanciers don't, far as I know, claim that they're doing anything important.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Complaining about Joel Over at Day Care
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:26 am 
The Man

plblark wrote:
chunkstyle wrote:

Unlikely. Other than getting that stupid metro-area exemption on the stupid GunsInPickups bill, it's been an utterly lousy couple of years for them. My guess is that even Heather hasn't heard about the day care kiddies -- if so, she'd likely be fingerpointing and jeering and using doofi like Shapero and Jeremy as poster boys for fundraising. And she definitely hasn't been doing that.

But it might happen, sure. [ETA: hell, there's a strong argument that I should point her at them; been thinking about it for a couple of years, now.]

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.