Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:00 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Complaining about Joel Over at Day Care 
 Post subject: Re: Complaining about Joel Over at Day Care
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:46 am 
Raving Moderate

Blued Steel wrote:
It is not a matter of "cajones" it is a matter of discretion, employment, and free speech.

Which is all well and good, and serves to prove my point. Don't say anything from behind the keyboard you aren't willing to: a) say face to face, b) say in the presence of your minister/rabbi/imam/etc., and c) have a potential employer find out you said.

Nothing restricting free speech, or spirited debate, at all. Discretion, yes- but if you're going to carry a gun, discretion and the ability to disagree reasonably and respectfully should be second nature anyway.

My real name is Jeremiah (go figure). ;)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:11 pm 
1911 tainted

Jeremiah wrote:
but if you're going to carry a gun, discretion and the ability to disagree reasonably and respectfully should be second nature anyway.

That statement I agree with 100%

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:50 pm 
Longtime Regular

Here's my two cents worth: I think the back and forth insults between the two major gun forums in MN is just plain STUPID!

Now you kids just knock it off!

If we don't hang together, we'll hang separately, let's not give the anti's any more ammunition...

If life was fair, Robins couldn't eat worms...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:15 pm 
The Man

Ramoel wrote:
Here's my two cents worth: I think the back and forth insults between the two major gun forums in MN is just plain STUPID!

Now you kids just knock it off!

If we don't hang together, we'll hang separately, let's not give the anti's any more ammunition...
I think that, to the extent that day care were to be taken seriously, it would give the antis plenty of ammunition -- and I'm not particularly talking about the incessant whining and baby talk (I don't make that stuff up, you know . . . ) about my mockery of inadequate instructors (although in small part I am talking about the kiddies' pimping of inadequate instructors). Just to be clear: I don't think that all of the instructors who hang out there are inadequate; Cobb and Phorvick and Andrew at least used to (and may still, for all I know) and I don't think that they, among others, are inadequate (and no, I'm not going to go naming all of the instructors over there who I think do a good, solid job.)

It's actually a pretty serious issue, and one that I'm willing to discuss in detail in Strategy, if anybody is interested.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:42 pm 
Longtime Regular

I'll let somebody else start this one, if they want...I know the issues involved, and where I stand is pretty clear.

-Mark

ETA - It is amazing how after Joel gets banned, they still continue to take outright pot-shots. Just saw another one over there dated from Sunday on what was until that point a totally unrelated thread. :roll:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:52 am 
Journeyman Member

I usually skip over the childish posts on that board and this one as well.. We are supposed to be adults, after all we carry guns. Pretty sad

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.