Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:26 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 Ex husband a pain in the ass! 
 Post subject: Ex husband a pain in the ass!
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:23 pm 
Forum Moderator

ST. PAUL, Minn. - A St. Paul woman has been injured after sitting on an arrow hidden under her car seat, and police think she might be the victim of domestic violence, according to a report on KSTP.

Authorities say the 47-year-old woman felt a sharp pain in her backside when she sat in her car Tuesday morning. She began bleeding profusely.

Police found a hunting arrow secured on the inside of the driver's seat. They say someone apparently put it there intentionally.

Police Sgt. Paul Schnell says the car had been locked but was found unlocked in the morning.

The woman tells police she suspects her estranged husband.

She told investigators she was afraid the arrow might have been poisoned. Investigators are testing the arrow tip.

http://www.startribune.com/local/stpaul ... :_Yyc:aUUX

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Ex husband a pain in the ass!
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:27 pm 
Longtime Regular

That's like the old tack-on-the-teacher's-chair trick, but with a felony slant to it... :shock:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:14 pm 
In the time out chair

good thing it wasn't a glass jar with a grenade in it,,,,

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:35 am 

That's going to leave a mark. :shock: :shock:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:56 am 
Longtime Regular

I've been trying to figure this one out since I first heard it on the news, and something doesn't quite add up.

How does one hide an arrow under the seat of a car? Aren't they over 2 1/2 feet long? Unless the "arrow" was actually a broadhead arrow head hidden under the upholstery I don't see this as a possiblity.

Something's odd about this story (more odd than the obvious information that's available on the surface).

"We're either gonna be the best of friends or there's gonna be a whole lotta shootin' goin' on."

"I think it's a good thing for serving cops to mix with non-cops in a situation where they understand that they aren't in charge." -JoelR

"You'd be amazed at the things a bullet can stop." -Old Irish Proverb

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:59 am 

Hard to say since there isn't more detail but I assume that perhaps it was either just the broadhead or perhaps the arrow was cut/broken to fit under the seat. If not, at full length it was certainly stick out either behind the seat (wedged under the seat at an angle) or maybe to the side toward the passenger seat/console area depending on the seat configuration. The idea that she suggested the arrow might have been poisoned to me seems a little odd. I guess I don't see that as something someone would think of right off the bat. I could see someone being twisted enough to put the arrow there I guess but for someone to come up with the idea that it had been poisoned is a bit odd to me. If the arrow was broken/cut off so that it stood straight up under the seat I can't even imagine having sat on that. If done in that manor and if it was a hunting broadhead that could do some serious damage. Ouch! :shock:

Edit: Spelling

Last edited by 340PD on Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:53 pm 
Longtime Regular

I remember handling a perp that was sentenced for putting a shotgun shell into a pipe that was designed to go off and fire vertically through the bottom of a driver's seat when a person sat on the seat. The person happened to be this perp's wife or ex-wife. It is likely that this guy broke or sawed off the arrow so that it was wedged under the seat tightly and that it broke through the upholstery when this woman sat down and put her weight onto the chair seat.

A broadhead can do a tremendous amount of damage. They are specifically designed to do just that: Open an wound channel that will bleed uncontrollably and lead to a swift death.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.