Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:28 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 Post disappearing again 
 Post subject: Post disappearing again
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:41 pm 
1911 tainted

Is anyone having problems or reporting post or thread disappearing lately? I was assured by an Administrator that this does not happen here, but a thread that I responded to just yesterday disappeared, not only my posted response, but the whole thread.

I did a search on my posts and it did not come up, so that is why I ask.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Post disappearing again
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:39 pm 
The Man

cobb wrote:
Is anyone having problems or reporting post or thread disappearing lately? I was assured by an Administrator that this does not happen here, but a thread that I responded to just yesterday disappeared, not only my posted response, but the whole thread.

I did a search on my posts and it did not come up, so that is why I ask.
Nothing's been moved to Purgatory recently; the only person with my permission to delete threads is me. I don't think I've ever done it, and certainly not recently. Hope springing eternal, I hope that helps.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:27 pm 
1911 tainted

Even more interesting, the thread/post disappeared and you are not aware of it. I guess I was slacking this time, I usually cut and safe the controversial post that I do, but didn't this time because it was really nothing. I just corrected Andrew when he posted Alfred Fingulin's name and called him Albert, that's all.

You know this is not the first or even second time that one of my post's have been edited or deleted, we exchanged several PM's about this before.

Anyway, not a problem on my end, I was just curious.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:34 pm 
Longtime Regular

cobb wrote:
Even more interesting, the thread/post disappeared and you are not aware of it. I guess I was slacking this time, I usually cut and safe the controversial post that I do, but didn't this time because it was really nothing. I just corrected Andrew when he posted Alfred Fingulin's name and called him Albert, that's all.

For the record, I did see that post.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:37 pm 

cobb wrote:

You know this is not the first or even second time that one of my post's have been edited or deleted, we exchanged several PM's about this before.

Anyway, not a problem on my end, I was just curious.

I saw it & read it, so it did exist at one point.

MM

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:48 pm 
Longtime Regular

That thread didn't disappear, as a simple search would show.

Given the choice of sending me a PM to correct a late-night typo, or embarrassing me publicly, you chose the latter.

I fixed the typo and deleted your correction.

But, hey, thanks for making sure to post my mistake again, in case someone missed it. Classy.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 5:35 pm 
1911 tainted

Andrew Rothman wrote:
That thread didn't disappear, as a simple search would show.

I did a simple search using this feature -
Quote:
Search for author:
Use * as a wildcard for partial matches.

I did not recall off hand what the topic was, so I did a search for posts by the author of "cobb" and my post was gone, deleted, as in no longer exists.
Andrew Rothman wrote:
I fixed the typo and deleted your correction.

No surprise, not the first time that a post of mine was either edited or deleted.
Andrew Rothman wrote:
Given the choice of sending me a PM to correct a late-night typo, or embarrassing me publicly, you chose the latter.
But, hey, thanks for making sure to post my mistake again, in case someone missed it. Classy.

I never pointed out a typo, I pointed out your mistake of calling Alfred O. Fingulin by the incorrect name of Albert, not a typo, but rather incorrect information. Similar to your practice of pointing out mistakes posted by other members on this forum, instead of taking those issue offline as you suggested above.

As far as pointing out mistakes, embarrassing people and being classy, well that statement is a classic example of "The pot calling the kettle black". :lol:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 7:28 pm 
The Man

Cobb: I've moved your embarrassing little hissy-fit here over to Stupid Stuff, where you may endlessly discourse on your contention that a typo is not an error, and the galactically huge importance of your correction of a typo/error/cobbitry/whateveryouwanttocall it deleted to your heart's content. I'm sorry that your puerile little attempt to count coup on Andrew was deleted -- Andrew, the next time cobb engages in a puerile little attempt to count coup on you, please don't delete it; it apparently twists his panties when a peurile little attempt of his to count coup is deleted.

Cobb, if I could move it over to the day care site, I would; I think you've been letting some of the stupidity there rub off on you. If I cared to go into your own habit of deleting your own posts when you're caught in the wrong side of an argument, I would -- but you'll note that, when I respond to you, I tend to quote your entire post, to obviate that annoying tendency of yours. I'm not going to do that, this time -- but, sheesh, Rick: chill.

Right now, though I've wasted about as much time on your embarrassing little hissy fit as I care to.

Elsewhere on the Forum: stop it. Now. Or I will.

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.