Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:26 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
 I'm voting Democrat Because 
 Post subject: I'm voting Democrat Because
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:38 am 
Longtime Regular

I'm voting Democrat because I believe the government will do a better job of spending the money I earn than I would.

I'm voting Democrat because I believe three or four pointy headed elitist liberals need to rewrite the Constitution every few weeks to suit some fringe kooks who would NEVER get their agendas past the voters.

I'm voting Democrat because I believe oil company profits of 4% on a gallon of gas are obscene, but the government taxing the same gallon of gas at 15% isn't.

I'm voting Democrat because I believe that paying $4.00 a gallon or more is no reason to drill for the mountain of oil we are sitting on in THIS country. We wouldn't want to have to move a couple of polar bears or elk, now would we?

I'm voting Democrat because when we pull out of Iraq, I trust that the bad guys will stop what they're doing because they now think we're good people.

I'm voting Democrat because freedom of speech is fine as long as nobody is offended by it.

I'm voting Democrat because I love the fact that I can now marry whomever or whatever I want. I'm going to marry my TV.

I'm voting Democrat because I'm not concerned about the slaughter of millions of babies so long as we keep all death-row inmates alive.

I'm voting Democrat because I don't want to be a able to use my natural rights to protect myself or my family when I'm out running errands or in my own home.

I'm voting Democrat because I believe that churches should only be allowed for political speeches.

I'm voting Democrat because I believe that businesses should not be allowed to make profits for themselves. They need to break even and give the rest away to the employees and the government.

I'm voting Democrat because I believe that I don't want medical doctors who were at the top of their classes to operate on me. I want a government employee who makes $50K a year and couldn't hack it as a contractor or an engineer .

I'm voting Democrat because I believe that people who can't tell us if it will rain on Friday CAN tell us that the polar ice caps will melt away in ten years if I don't start driving a Prius.

I'm voting Democrat because I REALLY believe there is no bias in the media.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

UT BCI Certified Conceal/Carry Instructor

"If you expect the police to always be able to protect you, why are the ones who show up at crimes called 'detectives' instead of 'defenders'? Detectives try to find a criminal after they've committed a crime."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:40 am 

Good list! Thank you for posting it!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:22 am 

I love the list!

I’m voting Democrat because I only want the criminals to have guns, not the bitter-clinging redneck Jeebus freaks.

I'm voting Democrat because corporations are evil. Especially the one that signs my paycheck.

I’m voting Democrat because I want Mexico to be our 58th state.

I’m voting Democrat because I hate America.

I'm voting Democrat because Rosie O'Donnell and Micheal Moore are ssooooo right.

I’m voting Democrat because I’d rather live off the fruits of your labor than do any of my own. Where’s my welfare check, you $&^@%$*@ fascist!

I’m voting Democrat ’cause I don’t have a job and don’t have anything better to do.

"Ours was the first revolution in the history of mankind that truly reversed the course of goverment with three little words 'We The People'. We the people tell the government what to do, It doesn't tell us."
The Late Great Ronald Reagan

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
-Aristotle

Campus Leader-IHCC
Students for Concealed Carry on Campus
www.concealedcampus.org

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:18 pm 
Longtime Regular

I used to vote Libertarian, because the Dems and the Pugs seemed equally incompetent, and only the LP consistently upheld the principles I believed in.

But over time, the Dems became progressively more unhinged - or perhaps it'd be more correct to say that the Party machinery fell more and more under the control of the unhinged faction - to the point that I could not trust them in power.

So I've voted Republican. But I've always dreamed of the day that I could again despise both parties equally. I'd hoped that would some day come through the rational Dems regaining control of their Party, and perhaps even kicking out the moonbats, the way they kicked out the Stalinists circa 1944-46.

Unfortunately, that's not happened. The unhinged faction of the Dems, having gained power, are engaged in a headlong charge into rampant moonbattery. And the Pugs seem to have lost faith entirely in the principles for which they were supposed to be fighting.

So I'm faced with a situation in which both parties are wrong, and both are moving in the wrong direction. The Dems are moving faster, and they had a head start. But the Pugs don't make me happy, either.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:43 pm 
Journeyman Member

jdege wrote:
I used to vote Libertarian, because the Dems and the Pugs seemed equally incompetent, and only the LP consistently upheld the principles I believed in.

But over time, the Dems became progressively more unhinged - or perhaps it'd be more correct to say that the Party machinery fell more and more under the control of the unhinged faction - to the point that I could not trust them in power.

So I've voted Republican. But I've always dreamed of the day that I could again despise both parties equally. I'd hoped that would some day come through the rational Dems regaining control of their Party, and perhaps even kicking out the moonbats, the way they kicked out the Stalinists circa 1944-46.

Unfortunately, that's not happened. The unhinged faction of the Dems, having gained power, are engaged in a headlong charge into rampant moonbattery. And the Pugs seem to have lost faith entirely in the principles for which they were supposed to be fighting.

So I'm faced with a situation in which both parties are wrong, and both are moving in the wrong direction. The Dems are moving faster, and they had a head start. But the Pugs don't make me happy, either.

I think this is the position I am approaching as well with the elections looming this year.

But mostly I wanted to say thank you for making me actually bust out laughing, and now having a new phrase to use: "rampant moonbattery"

Brilliant! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:02 pm 
Longtime Regular

jdege wrote:

Well, the two popular parties are wrong. They are the two popular parties because people "throw their votes away" on them instead of voting for the person they think will best do the job.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:50 pm 
Longtime Regular

SultanOfBrunei wrote:
Well, the two popular parties are wrong. They are the two popular parties because people "throw their votes away" on them instead of voting for the person they think will best do the job.

No. The problem with the two political parties is that they honestly reflect the values of the American people, and the American people are wrong.

Most of them, anyway. Not all of them are wrong on the same issues, but they're most of them wrong on something.

The Dems with their collectivism and their nanny-statism, and their racism and their classism, they're pretty much just wrong on everything.

And the Pugs who turned a blind eye to Ted Stevens and his earmarks, and who turned a blind eye to Dubya handing out hundreds of millions in bribes to American farmers and steelworkers who accepted handouts, they were wrong, too.

It's not a problem that can be fixed by political reform. The only fix is to educate the citizenry. Get people to understand, deep in their hearts, the lessons of public choice theory. That politics will always be corrupt, and politicians will always be corruptible, and that government bureaucrats will always be self-serving petty tyrants, and that government "help" will always cost more than it's worth.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:11 pm 
Longtime Regular

... because I believe that the solution to every problem begins with the words "Federally funded" and "State mandated".

Also, because taking more taxes out of people's paychecks is humanitarian, but letting them keep their money is evil and myopic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:24 pm 
Longtime Regular

The crux:

Quote:
The community is the state and the state is the community

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.