Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:05 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Holster options .... S/W, Ruger 
 Post subject: Holster options .... S/W, Ruger
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:40 pm 

I've been looking around all these sites and such. But, have not found what I'm looking for.

I have a few semi-autos that I would like to CC from time to time, or just have a nice holster to move into the woods, or what ever.

I like leather holsters, but some sites say they attract water and make for a rusty piece. I don't normally keep the weapon in the holster, but do in a couple situations.

So ... here's my short list of what I'd like. I like high rise leather, strong side (R) with belt slide or snap fit, outside the waist band, too.

The guns that I have that I'm interested in fitting to such holsters are:
S/W 4516-2
S/W 4013 tactical
Ruger P95DL

I'd appreciate your help, opinions and recommendations. Thanx.

Bagger

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:46 pm 
Longtime Regular

Hi Bagger,

I can handle all 3 of them. Most custom leather makers also seal up the leather so water can not migrate through the leather. You still need to take the gun out of the holster to check it for moisture from above or below but all good makers seal the leather. Some major big names don't!!!

Check out my site and let me know if you have any questions.

Side Guard Holsters
"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton

Last edited by Srigs on Mon Oct 27, 2008 5:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:00 am 
Journeyman Member

I use a Shado holster for my P89 and it works well, custom shaped for the pistol, fits snug and holds it tight to my side. i have been using it for quite a few years and it still works well.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.