Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:55 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 JP SAUER .32 
 Post subject: JP SAUER .32
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 11:34 pm 
Trolling Doofus

just cusrious if anybody else out there with this issue,

i have an older circa 1945 jp sauer .32 auto pistol 38H
that i had refinished and checked over

beacuse its so old they dont make molded holsers for it
i have come to terms with universal holsters but they tend to be cheap looking and i dont like the way they hold the wepon, now i dont carry this wepon very often but in the summer i do enjoy carryin it because its relitvly small and easy to conceal under a tshirt

now i was looking the the molded holster for the new sig P230 and P232
and they look simular in design and shape ,

would this work , or does anybody have a lead on someone who makes molded holsters for older guns

thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 12:51 am 
On time out

Talk to Srigs. he makes holsters,

re the JP sauer, its a very well made gun. the 38 model is the one closer to the PPK style, the 1913 is very well made,but sliightly ungainly.

Just a word to the wise, by refinishing you maybe lost a LOT of value in the gun, Original M38's with the right numbers were issued to the paratroops of germany, as well as to higher officers. early models have a very elegant slide mounted safety, later models do not. I have seen nice early ones with the eagle over 37 proofs going for upwards of 900 bucks, and rough ones for at least 500 bucks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 2:20 am 
Longtime Regular

Yup. Call Srigs.

While CZ Rami holsters can be found, finding one exactly like I wanted wasn't going to be as easy. Srigs made this:
for me and used my gun to form it. He has other styles of holster, but this is what I wanted & he can do for a gun he doesn't have a form for.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 8:50 am 
Longtime Regular

Just got this off Wikipedia:
Quote:
Sauer developed the model 38H from their earlier semi-automatic handguns. It was necessary to compete with companies such as Mauser and Walther in the commercial market. However, with the outbreak of the war, most pistols went to various German police agencies. These pistols were stamped by those agencies and some can still be found with the holster and additional magazine with which they were distributed. Sauer 38H pistols presented to Nazi officials often featured custom engraving, ivory grips, and often gold inlay as well. For example, in September 2004, the Rock Island Auction Company sold a Sauer 38H, serial number 363573, that belonged to Sepp Dietrich for $43,125.00.

Wow!

Link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sauer_38H

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.