Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:02 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 EAA Witness Stock Holster 
 Post subject: EAA Witness Stock Holster
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:16 pm 

Looking for a OWB high ride holster with thumb break for my EAA Witness Elite Stock full sized.
Anyone know of a company that could fit the bill? Searched a lot and I came up with a few options.
HBE makes a Witness holster, but not sure if he can add the thumb break to one of his designs.
Waiting on an Email back from him. Can Sideguard do a holster for a Witness? I would prefer to
give my business to a fellow Minnesotan now that I know you exist. :D Mainly looking for that holster
to do a little open carry, hunting, or under a jacket carry this winter.

Thanks for any input...

Post subject: Re: EAA Witness Stock Holster
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 6:32 am 
Longtime Regular

The EAA Witness (Non-railed) is generally the same as a CZ 75 full size. So yes I can. :mrgreen:

Side Guard Holsters
"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 5:29 pm 

Erik,

So you don't think it would be a problem making a high-slide with a thumb break for this beauty:

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s265 ... 00007a.jpg

Derek

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 1:58 am 
Longtime Regular

I might be wrong but aren't the new Witness handguns made with a larger frame than the standard CZ75? I was under the impression that the earlier FIE Tanfoglio imports and earlier Witness (also Tanfoglio's) were a small frame. I thought I read somewhere that the current larger calibers like 10mm, 45ACP, etc are made with a larger frame. Don't know about the 9mm or .40 S&W. The Elite stock was introduced in 2005 so it should be a new style handgun.

OK, I just checked the EAA and CZ_USA websites. Looking at the posted weights, it looks like the Witness Elite Stock weighs a few ounces less than the CZ75B but that could be because the Elite has a 4.5 inch barrel and the CZ75B has a 4.7 inch barrel. So I could be wrong and they might have the same size frame.

As an aside;
Nitzer, you shouldn't need a retention strap with one of Srigs holsters. They hold the gun quite well. I have a IWB Sideguard double snap tuck for an FIE Tanfoglio 9mm which is pretty much the same as the Witness (all steel gun, etc) and once I holster the gun, I can turn the holster upside down and shake it and the gun will not fall out. Yet when I want to draw, it comes out easily enough. When I was looking around for a holster for the TZ75, I was concerned about retention too but people on here told me I wouldn't need it with Erik's holster. They were correct. They are also good looking holsters.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:29 pm 

The Elite Stock is made on the large frame like the 10mm and the 45 ACP. The newer Witnesses (non-Elite series) have a more rounded slide. Mine is quite blocky and that is the case with all of the Elite guns (Match, Stock, Hunter, Gold Team, and Limited). All of the Elite series guns regardless of caliber are made on the large frame. In fact, the small frame is no longer available from EAA in the Witness line. There is a difference in the slide profile between the CZ75 and the Witness Stock. The CZ has a depression at the last 2 inches of the slide which my Witness does not. I was looking for a thumb break simply because I am planning on tromping through the woods and possibly open carrying it. I wanted the added security of a thumb break mainly to deter anyone from grabbing my gun if I open carried it. I'm sure the actual retention for everyday carry would be fine on one of Erik's holsters. I wouldn't be hunting specifically with the 40 S&W caliber, I was going to order a 10mm barrel for my Witness and some higher power Wolff springs to handle the 10mm power increase. Maybe I'll just have to make a trip down to the Cities and give Erik an opportunity to make a mold from my Witness Stock.... :P

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.