Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 1:19 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 MY "man Purse" (here we go again!!!) 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 9:40 am 
Designated waste of protoplasm

NOPE

Lets put it this way - I will never buy anything from Maxpedition......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 3:44 pm 

squib_joe wrote:
I just received one of Tito's tactical man-purses.

I'm not sure if I like it

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Cut me some slack man!!
That's just the Beta version.
I still need to perfect my product.
Maybe you could fill out my 100 question questionair so I could make some improvements so it would match that hat!! :D :D :D :D :D :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 7:08 am 
Longtime Regular

Blatant hijack coming ...

You know, with that punch and grommet tool, you can turn some OWB Pancake style Slide holsters into IWB style. There's a holster makes in Alaska that offers "Inside-out" loops (I believe it's Rugged holsters). They're basically screwed through a hole above the belt slots. If you put a grommet through the hole and used the screws like they use on carpet sample books (where the "screw" is really the nut and the shaft goes inside the screw head which has a wide head to hold the carpet in) you cuold have a dual purpose holster.

Last edited by plblark on Fri Jun 02, 2006 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 7:10 am 

As a group -

HOW MANY TIMES DO WE HAVE TO REINVENT THE WHEEL?

You want an IWB - that is what you should buy. Things work well fo rone application - not necessarily for more than that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 7:16 am 
Longtime Regular

My be nice to Pinnacle plan must not be working :-)

Here's the rub... Some of us are working on a limited budget and trying to get by with multi purpose items. I thought the OWB/IWB option was intriguing in a DIY type way.

Personally, I'm probably going IWB but I just KNOW I'll end up with a holster drawer despite my good intentions.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 7:21 am 

You are fine - but you better watch it mister...... :lol:

Dont take the me wrong way - I have gone down your road - we are all on a limited budget - I just happen to get stuff cheap (Pro Form Discount)

I once took a perfectly good pancake holster - adapted it to IWB and after that - it was good for NEITHER

Took something and basically ruined it. Holsters are cheap for what they do - you can go as complex or as simple as you wish.

Look at the Blackhawk Holsters - Good value for the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 10:05 am 
Longtime Regular

Pinnacle wrote:
Look at the Blackhawk Holsters - Good value for the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Yep; they are great. With serpa they even have good retention.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 10:13 am 

I am talking about the leather ones that they also make - the standard CQC line.

I have an IWB on order for my P229

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 10:24 am 
Longtime Regular

I have never looked at any of the leather, but I do like what I have seen. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 8:57 am 
Longtime Regular

plblark wrote:
e5usmc wrote:
I'm starting to think that I missed a boat somewhere.... Is this the latest thing? Do I need my wife to take me shopping for a man bag? What if I can't find one that doesn't clash with my shoes? Do I need several bags, one for each season like my wife does? Do I go with straps, or snaps? Leather or canvas?

I'm so confused...

Forget about that. Does your belt match your shoes? What about your holster? IS it IWB? What about its straps? What does your gun's beauty or lack thereof say about you. We're all in for a world of hurt now man.

Personally, either the Maxpedition Fatboy or Jumbo, in Black or Khaki would go well with most attire for a guy :-)

Ok, someone at combatcarry (HATE that name BTW) bought the Non-Jumbo and it doesn't work as well as I would have thought for the XD SC.
http://www.combatcarry.com/vbulletin/sh ... hp?t=10590

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 9:53 pm 

Late last year I bought the Jumbo Versipack and the holster for it; it works fine for carry, especially with the Glock 26. Long zipper on body side makes for easy access to the pistol--I often leave it unzipped for quick access, with no risk that the pistol will fall out. The holster is universally adjustable and also works fine with my Beretta 92G-SD.

In June we did a 25-day trip out west that covered 5,600 miles, including 4 National Parks. The Versipack was great for carrying binocs, camera, knife, water bottle, Surefire light, Glock, etc. When in the vehicle we plopped it behind the console with easy access to the holster, which made for nice driving carry. All in all, it was a great pack, with a viable alternative for carry...I'd highly recommend one for such travel, hiking, etc.

I don't know what the complaints are about Maxpedition, but I'm very pleased with the product's utility and quality. Being a lover of the old military olive drab, I got mine in that color rather than khaki or black...it tends to look more "outdoorsy" than the other colors...heh.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 4:34 pm 
Longtime Regular

Resurrecting the zombie thread, I recently found this:

Quote:
Top 10 Ultimate Metrosexual Man Bags
One of the smartest metrosexual Wookies around, Chewbacca knew the benefits of carrying a bag!

In choosing a man bag, the criteria should be as follows: small, sleek, lightweight, and definitely not look like a purse. It’s a way to carry a little something extra that wouldn’t fit into the pockets of a pair of khakis without creating unsightly bulges. Briefcases, messenger bags and backpacks are not man bags. They are too large and bulky to carry on a daily basis without looking like you’re headed to school or work. Fannypacks are a no-no, unless you want to look like an ubergeek and repel women. Also, stay away from fancy designs, patterns, or the color pink. Flight, utility, and certain camera bags generally fall into the category of man bags.

Finding man bags that are worthy of carrying on a daily basis can be a bit of work, so we’ve created a list of the Top 10 Ultimate Metrosexual Man Bags to get you started!

Read the whole thing

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 4:43 pm 

Maybe Chewy could find a pair of low heeled pumps with open toes to go with his man-bag.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.