Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:08 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Blackhawk CQC with Serpa Technology 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 12:44 pm 
Longtime Regular

hammAR wrote:
someone1980 wrote:
There was a thread awhile back talking about what you carry on a day to day basis. I found it very odd that there were not more people who carried more then one pistol and a fixed blade knife.

Fixed it for ya....:lol:

:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 2:51 pm 
Longtime Regular

I like the paddle, as it uses your pants as well as your belt to support the weight and cinch it up tight to your body.

That said, it's quite a chore to remove the paddle, with two hands and a loosened belt. I don't believe it's all that prone to a snatch at all.

HOPPES9 wrote:
Anyone who has one of these holsters... do you use the paddle or belt loop method to attach to your belt?

I tried one out today but liked the belt loop style attachment rather than the paddle. both have positive aspects to them.

thoughts?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 2:57 pm 
Longtime Regular

Andrew Rothman wrote:
I like the paddle, as it uses your pants as well as your belt to support the weight and cinch it up tight to your body.

That said, it's quite a chore to remove the paddle, with two hands and a loosened belt. I don't believe it's all that prone to a snatch at all.

HOPPES9 wrote:
Anyone who has one of these holsters... do you use the paddle or belt loop method to attach to your belt?

I tried one out today but liked the belt loop style attachment rather than the paddle. both have positive aspects to them.

thoughts?

I had heard you liked the paddle.......LOL

And now you have admitted it :D :D :D :D

UT BCI Certified Conceal/Carry Instructor

"If you expect the police to always be able to protect you, why are the ones who show up at crimes called 'detectives' instead of 'defenders'? Detectives try to find a criminal after they've committed a crime."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 3:26 pm 
Longtime Regular

Watch it, thread-drifter.
Selurcspi wrote:
I had heard you liked the paddle.......LOL

And now you have admitted it :D :D :D :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 7:58 pm 

For those that haven't tried the serpa holster....

It is actually VERY easy to draw the pistol with this holster set up.
A person must practice practice practice to prepare for the LTE/GBH situation. When you grab the pistol, the trigger finger naturally finds its way to the majic button (dirty minds need not wonder here... :twisted: ) to "unlock" the pistol from the holster.

The only downfall to this holster is that it doesn't keep the gun into the body as well as some leather holsters do.

I like the idea of the NO SQUEEK kydex. It is very light and very comfortable. It is my preferred method of carrying my M&P 40.

IDPA member A08208

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 9:09 pm 

someone1980 wrote:
See the video, and then throw away the paddle part of the holster.

I believe they're resolved the problem you're referring to.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 12:18 am 

How do you carry a fixed blade knife?

Do they make IWB knife sheaths?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 12:34 am 

HOPPES9 wrote:
How do you carry a fixed blade knife?

Do they make IWB knife sheaths?

Yes, though hilt down OWB under a covering garment can be very convenient.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 12:30 am 

Just bought this holster and love it! (I got the Carbon-fiber SERPA) Though I will say this, there are cases where something got caught in the lever part, causing the button to be unable to depress. I've never seen that 1st hand either though. I love the belt attachment, and had my G19 (unloaded) and had my bro try to pull it off me a la a surprise attack and was very happy how he couldn't pull it easily, esp. before one could do something to stop it.

One downside is that for those of us that like wearing certain clothes, the holster holds the gun out from the body a bit far. I'm 5'8" and about 172 lbs (small love handles, but not large). I can only "conceal" w/a jacket/coat...I doubt a suitcoat would work for me to hide it. I also usually carry IWB w/a shirt-tucker b/c that's how I'm comfortable. Loose/big clothing is odd for me to wear.

It is a very comfortable holster IMHO, makes a nice woods/range/MN winter carry for me.

Red

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.