Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:33 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
 Help with holster choice 
 Post subject: Help with holster choice
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 6:26 pm 

I want to have a conceal holster here before my permit arrives. That means I have about 30 days. I have the new 4" XD .45 Compact and I am looking for an IWB that allows for a tucked in shirt. Anyone have a recommendation?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:20 pm 

Can never go wrong with a Milt Sparks. The issue is the holster wait is 6 months.

Lots of options for an XD though.

Bladetech makes a tuckable, I have not tried it though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:59 pm 

Comp-tac c-tac, works great for my Sig 226.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 9:04 pm 

I really like my Hidden Ally:

http://highnoonholsters.com/Product_Lin ... _ally.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 10:01 pm 
Longtime Regular

Another vote here for theComp-Tac C-T.A.C. I got mine with the super-stealthy velcro clips. $75 factory direct, I think it only took a week or two.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 10:07 pm 

The Comp-tac seem to be the quickest ship after order. What kind of clips did you guys get?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 11:41 pm 

I got the C clips, I don't think I'd reccomend them though, they aren't that much more discrete than the standard and not quite as secure either. I've heard that the J clips put the weight more on the edge of your pants than the belt where it should be.

The Velcro and the standard seem to be the best from all the people I've talked to. I plan on getting both of them eventually but the C clips do work alright for now.

Shipping was crazy fast on mine too.

Post subject: Re: Help with holster choice
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 9:21 am 
Journeyman Member

Veritas wrote:
I want to have a conceal holster here before my permit arrives. That means I have about 30 days. I have the new 4" XD .45 Compact and I am looking for an IWB that allows for a tucked in shirt. Anyone have a recommendation?

"30 days" is the biggest problem right now.

I would recommend going to http://www.lightningarms.com/products.htm - they carry holsters in stock from some very good holster makers, including Milt Sparks Versa Max II (which is highly recommended IWB holster on almost every forum I've been on). You pay a little more for the holster, but they carry a lot in stock. If this looks good you should call them to see if they have a holster for your gun in stock - they do run out.

Another option for a quick holster is http://www.highnoonholsters.com/index.html - they carry in stock the Mr. Softy. It's a very good holster that you can get in about a week.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 2:37 pm 

I searched and searched for a holster that could easily conceal a full size handgun, and would be comfortable. I finally found one in The Answer. The price is about twice that of other holsters, around $125, but is well worth it in my opinon. I carried my 4" XD 9mm for several months before getting the XD 45 compact. My wife can almost never tell when I am carrying, and I often do too. I know of a few others on this forum who have the answer and will swear by it.

If you would like to meet at the range sometime so you can look over my holster send me a PM and I would be happy to meet you, or others for that matter.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.