Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:49 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 holster making work session (02/26/07 1930-2359) 
 Post subject: OK, I worked in a Tandy stop last night...
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 7:39 pm 

grabbed the basics - shears, sewing awl, thread, hunk of leather (probably not the best choice, but it was in the bargain pile and I don't care what it looks like for my first efforts), couple of belt clips. didn't grab rivets, but figured someone would let me mooch a couple if I get that far!

gun control means hitting where you aim!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 7:55 pm 
Longtime Regular

plblark wrote:
Srigs: My buddy A asked me to buy him a 4 hole diamond punch ;-)

Thats how it starts buy tools so your friend can be more officiant making holsters. Just like buying ammo for friends because it was a heck of a deal... so, its all down hill from here! :wink:

See you on Monday and I'm looking forward to burnishing some leather! Do I need to mark my antler? :D

Side Guard Holsters
"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 8:03 am 
Longtime Regular

Srigs: I think I know whoick Antler is yours :-)... That said, it's a nice forming tool...

All: If I've neglected to send anyone directions, please PM me. I also have gmail with this same nick.

Post subject: Well, SOME of us didn't actually get very far along...
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:43 am 

in the construction process (OK, by some I mean ME!), it was still a fun and interesting way to spend an evening! There was talk of doing another one in a couple weeks, so those that missed out can take another shot at it.

Thanks for the introduction gang! Even though I didn't make too much visible progress, I picked up quite a few tips and techniques for use in the future.

gun control means hitting where you aim!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:40 am 
Longtime Regular

I'm planning to do another in a couple weeks. Maybe Sunday evening instead of Monday. I'll talk with my wife and see what works in the schedule.

It was nice to meet some more board members. The conversation was interesting and it's always neat to see what others have done / how they've done it / what tools work for them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:56 pm 
Longtime Regular

Well, nobody made less progress on their project than me... :P

Actually, I got exactly what I was looking for - ideas on where to start.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:56 pm 
Longtime Regular

Great meeting people! My belt and holster is stained now and next the top coat then post some pics. :D

Side Guard Holsters
"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.