Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:33 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 Triple K Skeleton Holster 
 Post subject: Triple K Skeleton Holster
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 5:02 pm 
Longtime Regular

Is anybody familiar with the Triple K Skeleton Holster? I'm thinking of getting one for my new Ruger GP100, mostly for IDPA. It's a Yacqui Slide kind of design and looks like an awfully good deal for $25.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:33 pm 
Longtime Regular

I think BigRobT has one or one very similar...PM him

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 10:35 pm 
Longtime Regular

hammAR wrote:
I think BigRobT has one or one very similar...PM him
Did that, thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 5:48 am 
1911 tainted

Pat, I can't even comprehend as to what you are thinking of doing. :shock: :shock: :shock:

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 6:52 am 
Longtime Regular

cobb wrote:
Pat, I can't even comprehend as to what you are thinking of doing. :shock: :shock: :shock:
Heh. That's the same vibe I got when I talked to Leo yesterday. I assume you mean, why would anybody go to IDPA and not shoot a full size autoloader? Hey, there's still plenty of you guys to keep Les Baer and Bill Wilson and Ed Brown rolling in money.

It's true that I felt I had to wait til Jeff Cooper was dead, to shoot anything but a 1911.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 9:56 am 
Longtime Regular

HammAR called my attention to this thread. I never got a PM from you Pat. What is it you need?? I do have one similar. I paid a lot more than $25 for mine!! :shock:

"...quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." [...a sword never kills anybody; it's a tool in the killer's hand.] -- (Lucius Annaeus) Seneca "the Younger" (ca. 4 BC-65 AD),

The Nanny State MUST DIE!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 10:55 am 
Longtime Regular

BigRobT wrote:
HammAR called my attention to this thread. I never got a PM from you Pat.
Thought I did, but I must have done the old compose, preview and close the window without sending.

BigRobT wrote:
What is it you need?? I do have one similar. I paid a lot more than $25 for mine!! :shock:
I'm just wondering if anybody was familiar with the particular make & model, just because it does seem like 'too' good a deal. At that price, I guess I'll probably just buy it and find out. Although that's still significant money to a poor boy like me -- I could buy two cases of Buckhorn for that. ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 11:11 am 
Longtime Regular

Ohhh, that Buckhorn statement brings back some BAD memories !!!

Pat, for that price, it's a good deal. I think I paid like $50 for mine from Sportsman's Warehouse. Mine is a different brand/color, though. I like it best. My other holster is a Galco Fletch. It's ok, but I like the yaqui type better. I would use the fletch though if I were in a crowd where someone would be tempted to lift my sidearm.

"...quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." [...a sword never kills anybody; it's a tool in the killer's hand.] -- (Lucius Annaeus) Seneca "the Younger" (ca. 4 BC-65 AD),

The Nanny State MUST DIE!!!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.