Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:53 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 My new IWB hoster called Quick Change. 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 7:16 pm 
Longtime Regular

eLRoy wrote:
Srigs,

Now that you're in the business, you might not want to share your trade secrets, but it can't hurt to ask:

1.) Why is the main part of the holster sewn with the smooth side in? (Besides looking very cool with the opposite 'trim' on the top).

2.) When did you sew the strip around the top of the holster, after it was formed and stiched closed or before? Again, was that just for looks, or is it to manage the rivets (or screws or whatever they're called)?

3.) Speaking of which, what keeps the back of the screws from turning when you switch out belt loops?

Nice job. This is a very professional looking holster.

eLRoy

I'm going to give guesses and let Srigs confirm or deny :-)
1) the rough out will hold on the IWB area better and it allows smooth side towards gun so less abrasives getting gunked into the leathetr to scratch the gun.
2) I'd guess before stitched shut and either before or after forming. It looks liek it's there to stiffen the mouth and aid in one handed reholstering as well as keeping the backs of the chicago screws from the gun.
3) you do. you pus on where they are. At least that's my guess. There are some screws I've seen on holsters that self holds with teeth.

Man does he do good work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 8:33 pm 
Longtime Regular

plblark wrote:
eLRoy wrote:
Srigs,

Now that you're in the business, you might not want to share your trade secrets, but it can't hurt to ask:

1.) Why is the main part of the holster sewn with the smooth side in? (Besides looking very cool with the opposite 'trim' on the top).

2.) When did you sew the strip around the top of the holster, after it was formed and stiched closed or before? Again, was that just for looks, or is it to manage the rivets (or screws or whatever they're called)?

3.) Speaking of which, what keeps the back of the screws from turning when you switch out belt loops?

Nice job. This is a very professional looking holster.

eLRoy

I'm going to give guesses and let Srigs confirm or deny :-)
1) the rough out will hold on the IWB area better and it allows smooth side towards gun so less abrasives getting gunked into the leathetr to scratch the gun.
2) I'd guess before stitched shut and either before or after forming. It looks liek it's there to stiffen the mouth and aid in one handed reholstering as well as keeping the backs of the chicago screws from the gun.
3) you do. you pus on where they are. At least that's my guess. There are some screws I've seen on holsters that self holds with teeth.

Man does he do good work.

You are correct Plblark on 1 and 2.

#3. There is a pattern on the bolt side that provides enough teeth to hold the screw tight enough but not to tight so you can't undo the screw.

Side Guard Holsters
"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 8:39 pm 
Longtime Regular

ok, spill it ... where did you get it? can you take a picture? all of mine are smooth but the type you're talking about would be GREAT

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.