Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:13 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 Speedloader pouch for IDPA? 
 Post subject: Speedloader pouch for IDPA?
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 7:36 pm 
Longtime Regular

Somebody recommend for me the best IDPA-legal speedloader holders, for the Safarailand Comp II .357 speedloaders. (Assuming I'm too cheap to get the Blade-Tech ones.)

Post subject: How much you want to spend?
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 8:08 pm 

Found this on e-bay. Current bid + shipping $17.00.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Safariland-Competition-Black-Loader-Case-333_W0QQitemZ160109294429QQihZ006QQcategoryZ39425QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 12:05 am 
Longtime Regular

Cool, thanks. But I THINK any 3-loader unit is not IDPA legal, if I'm understanding the rulebook right.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 1:20 am 

the way I read it you could still use the 3 spot carrier but because of the way they want you to position them you could only use speed loaders in the 2 holders closest to the holster and you'd have to leave the 3rd empty.

edit: unless you have all 3 holders behind the centerline and your holster behind that (good luck stretch!)

Quote:
2. Two full speedloaders/moon clips may be worn directly in
front of the holster and they must be positioned as close to the
holster as possible. One additional may be worn behind the
centerline on either the right or left side for a total of three
speedloaders/full moon clips on the belt.

I wish there were more classifiers held here in the metro so I could practice / advance in all the disciplines, my poor 686 sits neglected with nary a speedloader right now as I'm just concentrating on the autos. :(

Post subject: Yes, the 3 Safariland holder is iilegal in IDPA
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 5:55 am 

Pat Cannon wrote:
Cool, thanks. But I THINK any 3-loader unit is not IDPA legal, if I'm understanding the rulebook right.

I can show you one legal one but I believe it is a Blade Tech product Pat. The other bummer is most 38 Special factory does not not make the power factor, you have to use Plus + ammo to Classify

NRA Certified Pistol Instructor -PPITH, PPOTH & RTBAV
BCA Certified Training Organization under PPA
Minnesota Permit to Carry Instructor
Utah Certified CFP Instructor
NRA CRSO, IDPA CSO

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: More IDPA Classifiers?
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 6:00 am 

wildhunter wrote:

I wish there were more classifiers held here in the metro so I could practice / advance in all the disciplines, my poor 686 sits neglected with nary a speedloader right now as I'm just concentrating on the autos. :([/quote]

I agree Minnetonka's will be in May, our Twin City Classifier is not set, but I'll guess June or July. They are a PIA to run, but we may hold another outdoor one this year as so many folks want to Classify ( I've been a 4 Gun for a while, still need the SSP, can't work the speedloaders.)

NRA Certified Pistol Instructor -PPITH, PPOTH & RTBAV
BCA Certified Training Organization under PPA
Minnesota Permit to Carry Instructor
Utah Certified CFP Instructor
NRA CRSO, IDPA CSO

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: More IDPA Classifiers?
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 12:50 pm 

IDPA Shooter wrote:
They are a PIA to run, but we may hold another outdoor one this year as so many folks want to Classify ( I've been a 4 Gun for a while, still need the SSP, can't work the speedloaders.)

Don't get me wrong Bob, I love what ya'll are doing, I'm just getting greedy because I like it so much! Admittedly I don't know the complexity of running a classifier but I would be willing to throw in my hat to help with getting more of them on the schedule even if it's a bunch of us driving out to public land or something like that to save money.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.