Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:58 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Holster Review - Tucker Cover Up 
 Post subject: Holster Review - Tucker Cover Up
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 7:20 pm 

I've actually had this holster for a couple of months now, but am just now getting around to getting comfortable with it and starting to use it regularly. It's just so hard to beat the convenience of a pocket holster, you know?

But I've worn it a few times, and played around with positioning, and I think I've got it mostly figured out now. So I figured it was time for a real heavy-use test and review.

Incidentally, I've got the cant set pretty far forward. There's still enough of the butt sticking out to get a good grip on it, and it nestles right into my fat hip and just disappears. It's super easy to adjust the cant by loosening the bolt holding the clip to the holster and repositioning it. Tucker even provides the allen wrench for it.

This is a really nice holster. There's nothing fancy about it at all. It's a leather holster with a tuckable belt clip. It is very well made, and fits my S&W 642 perfectly.

I've been using it without actually tucking my shirt; I just wear a cover shirt instead. But it's a tuckable holster and it should work without the cover layer, and so that's how I did my test.

This weekend I was going out to run a bunch of errands. It was fairly warm out, so I was just wearing jeans and a t-shirt. I hit a bunch of stores, getting in and out of my car at least 5 times. I put things in the trunk. I bent over to check things out on low shelves. During all this time, I did nothing to mess with how my shirt was tucked in over the holster. I only hitched up the back of my pants once in a while like I normally would.

In all that time, my shirt never came untucked. The rough-out holster held onto my shirt and nothing moved at all. The gun stayed put. The holster didn't shift at all. The shirt stayed in place.

When I got home, I took some pictures of myself wearing the rig. This is exactly how I looked after several hours of being out and about running errands.

Go check out all the pics (warning: fat guy with a gun; may not be safe for work or viewing by children):
http://pictures.gigservices.com/gallery2/v/holster/

This is a fine holster, and it is definitely not going to end up in a box full of unused holsters.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 8:35 pm 
1911 tainted

Good to hear it works for you. I had one and it just didn't stay positioned correctly for me, the pivot screw kept coming loose. I contacted Tucker about it and he was very adamant about sending it back for a full refund, which I did. This was 3 or so years ago, maybe they have changed something in the design and I should give it another try, I really did like the concept of it.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 8:34 am 

Ok Chilly, what's up with the catapult? :twisted:
how 'bout a story in the non-gun?
Tex

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 9:10 am 

cobb wrote:
the pivot screw kept coming loose.

I'm not sure if he changed anything or not, but it seems to stay put for me. If I mess with the cant or something, it tends to come loose. But once I've got everything set up and where I want it, it stays there.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.