Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:24 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
 Punch, not pony? 
 Post subject: Punch, not pony?
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 5:02 pm 
Longtime Regular

plblark says he's no longer using a stitching pony:

plblark wrote:
Since Srigs convinced me (ok, since I listened to him and tried it) I've been using the punch. My hands thank me for it :)

What is this punch you speak of?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 6:24 pm 
Longtime Regular

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 6:47 pm 

I believe this is the punch that plblark was talking about... it works very nicely to make sure that the holes are aligned and uniform.

http://www.tandyleatherfactory.com/products.asp?number=8066-00

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 10:22 pm 
Longtime Regular

guarana wrote:
I believe this is the punch that plblark was talking about... it works very nicely to make sure that the holes are aligned and uniform.

http://www.tandyleatherfactory.com/products.asp?number=8066-00

Bingo!

Nice to run into you a Sportsman's Warehouse and nice bike you got there. :)

Side Guard Holsters
"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 6:54 am 
Longtime Regular

yep, that's the idea. I actually have the diamond punch like pictured but have been using another smaller straight box punch. the punch looks the same but ther holes are rectangles and the prongs are smaller.

Personally, seeing Srig's output, I'd go with what he's using. That's why I changed. anyone who wants to borrow the diamond hole punch is welcome to.

I should also clarify: I don't use the pony exclusively. It's no longer absolutely necessary since I'm nut hand punching each hole with an awl. I still use it occasionally when stitching after the holes are punched but can easily get by without it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 8:05 am 

plblark wrote:
Personally, seeing Srig's output, I'd go with what he's using. That's why I changed. anyone who wants to borrow the diamond hole punch is welcome to.

I'd like to give the punch a try.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 8:17 am 
Longtime Regular

guarana wrote:
plblark wrote:

I'd like to give the punch a try.

sure. the next 3-4 days are hectic but after that I could drop it off or you could pick it up if you like.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 8:21 am 

I have a bunch of stuff going on this weekend too. I don't mind picking it up early next week.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 9:33 am 
Longtime Regular

Thanks.

I guess I don't think they are exclusive at all. A pony is still useful for stitching, whether or not you've pre-punched.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 9:50 am 
Longtime Regular

Andrew Rothman wrote:
Thanks.

I guess I don't think they are exclusive at all. A pony is still useful for stitching, whether or not you've pre-punched.

Very true. If you have 30 holes to stitch then it will work very good.

Side Guard Holsters
"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.