Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:03 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Campus carry ? 
 Post subject: Campus carry ?
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 2:25 am 
Longtime Regular

Functional looking kit. Every student with a permit should have one :twisted: :twisted:

http://lightfighter.net/eve/forums/a/tp ... 5861053401

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 5:32 am 
Longtime Regular

Can you cut and paste the info out because I don't need to sign up for yet another forum. :wink: Thank you...

Side Guard Holsters
"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 7:57 am 

Stephen From Lightfighter Tactical Forum wrote:
I've had a chance to try out the SDS Tac-bag and I've found it to be a great little carry all. It can carry everything from school books to a small arsenal. It has 3 compartments. The outermost is pretty flat and has pouches sewn in that will hold 2 - 30 round mags, 1 - 20 round mag, and 2 or 3 chem lights. The middle pocket is about 4 to 6 inches deep and has a removeable PALS panel for internal pockets. The middle pocket will indeed accept a plate or plate sized soft panel. The innermost pocket is also pretty flat and has female velcro for securing a holster and accessories. The access to the innermost pocket is "hidden" and fairly inconspicuous. Here are a few pictures of the bag while drawing a Glock 19 from concealment.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 11:20 am 
Longtime Regular

[QUOTE]Originally posted by jetrider:
Just figured id add some of my pics & thoughts to Stephen's great preview on the SDS.

The pack is well made & well thought out. im using it @ work to carry all the shit that i would normaly have on shoved in my pants pockets & waist band. ie: radio, xtra-cuffs, paperwork, multi-tool, cell phone & xtra batt. hydro bladder, spork, food, gloves ect...If your working P/C it helps conseal your bullet resistant vest.

There is not a ton of space..and if your using a 72 oz. hydro-bladder AND the MOLLE panel things will be tight in there.

A few adjustments noted.

1. the removeable MOLLE panel takes up valuable space so I 86'ed it.

2. There is waist belt strap I also 86'ed. It runs across your waist and will interfere w/ your primary weapon. I found it to work well w/o the strap. The pack stays secure and does not slide around without the strap even while running. (granted that it's chinched down fairly tight across your shoulder)

3. Zipper-pull on the "weapon compartment" is too short/small for me to locate & grab quickly so i attached a longer pull...problem solved.

Weapon compartment offers ample space. I easily fit a Motorola SABER & extra cuffs.
The Glock 19 sits real easy.

The weapon compartment runs the full length of the bag and can also be accessed via a top zipper

Back:

Side:

Weapon Draw: which BTW only works for you right handed ******* good thing I can shoot ambi.

Colors: SDS Black is really a dark green /QUOTE]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 1:44 am 

This looks like a good solution for bicycle carry. I'll have to get one--purely for research, of course. :wink:

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 8:23 pm 

pretty nifty i always kept mine in the front pouch in the holster it would not be a quick draw at all
shhh dont tell any one :wink:

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.