Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:15 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Next Holster Session June 28th 7pm 
 Post subject: Next Holster Session June 28th 7pm
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 7:59 am 

Edit: Holster Session scheduled for June 28th 7pm

It will be at my house in Brooklyn Park near 610 and 252. PM me or post to get added to the list and get directions.

Count: 6

hypertech
Srigs
plblark
tulibee
Andrew Rothman
wallcloud

Anyone planning a holster class/making session anytime soon?

I'd like to learn how to do this.

Last edited by hypertech on Tue Jun 12, 2007 7:07 am, edited 8 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Holster Class?
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 8:02 am 
Longtime Regular

hypertech wrote:
Anyone planning a holster class/making session anytime soon?

I'd like to learn how to do this.

my best advice: do not try to finish a holster at 3am. All that work marred by two incorrectly spaced / placed hole punches. Doesn't affect function but I KNOW they're there :-(

I'll try to set up a holster session soon. How does the 11th of June (Next Monday) work for you?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 8:19 am 

Wed-Sat are better for me, but if its going to be Mon, I'll be there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 8:39 am 

BTW - where is "there" going to be. Since I'm the initiator, I'll volunteer. I have 6 chairs - I'd be taking one, but I have no tools and no leather. If there is a more appropriate place, let me know.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 8:44 am 
Longtime Regular

hypertech wrote:
BTW - where is "there" going to be. Since I'm the initiator, I'll volunteer. I have 6 chairs - I'd be taking one, but I have no tools and no leather. If there is a more appropriate place, let me know.

In the past, we've done it at my house. That's obviously most convenient for me :-)

If you'd like to host, let's plan in a few weeks out. For me, evenings and running late work very well. 7p - midnight means the kids are in bed shortly and I'm not taking much time away from them.

In the past there have generally been enough tools present to get a start. Srigs and I have tools for ourselves and generally our startup tools which we're not actively using. A lot of the tools are short duration and phase of the project specific anyway. The people who have come have been great about loaning tools they're not actively using.

Before you come, it'd be a great idea to put together an idea book. Look at holster sites, print pictures, look up reviews on the holsters you're interested in, etc.

What gun and style of holster are you interested in working on?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:07 am 

There are no kids here, so I guess I didn't think about that. To run that late, I would prefer the end of the week. I have class M-W so I am generally cramming in my reading S-Tu. Condensed summer law class reading assignments suck.

I can host, but I don't have to. I'm not too far from you (610 and noble). If its easier for you at your place, that's fine. If you'd prefer a few weeks out to drum up more participation and help more people at once, that works for me too.

Right now, I want to make a pocket/purse holster for a 642. We have an Uncle Mike's that I bought just to cover it and I'm not happy with it for a number of reasons including the fact that the trigger isn't covered all the way.

I thought it might be a good simple one to do for my first try.

After that, I want to do an OWB for my 239. Since I've never owned an OWB and it is quite a bit bigger than the 642, I thought that would be good for the second project.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:13 am 
Longtime Regular

hypertech wrote:
... I would prefer the end of the week. I have class M-W so I am generally cramming in my reading S-Tu. [...] I'm not too far from you (610 and noble). [...]

How does the 28th of June work for you? It's a Thursday evening. Anyone else? how does that sound?

hypertech wrote:
Right now, I want to make a pocket/purse holster for a 642. [...] I thought it might be a good simple one to do for my first try. [...]
After that, I want to do an OWB for my 239. Since I've never owned an OWB and it is quite a bit bigger than the 642, I thought that would be good for the second project.

Very good thinking. The pocket holster is fast and easy and shows some of the steps. not much leather forming but still the pattern, the punch, and stitching. OWB is a nice second holster depending on style. Like I said earlier, the idea book is a great thing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:32 am 

I'd love to come, but I would have to take a flight! :D

-bob

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:35 am 

DenverCZBob wrote:
I'd love to come, but I would have to take a flight! :D

-bob

Guess you are going to have to host it next time then :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:45 am 

Thursday June 28th it is!

The location doesn't matter to me.

Maybe someone can change the title to: "Next Holster Session June 28th" in case anyone else would be interested in coming.

Never mind ...... I figured out how.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 5:54 pm 
Longtime Regular

I'll be there. Where will there be? :)

Side Guard Holsters
"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 8:04 pm 

Its up to plbark - it sounds like it will either be his place or mine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 8:54 pm 
Longtime Regular

hypertech wrote:
Its up to plbark - it sounds like it will either be his place or mine.

let me talk to the boss :-) I'll see what's easier for her. I mentioned the 11th and she said we'd just gotten the back room rearranged from my last get together so I doubt she'd be adverse to taking the party elsewhere once in awhile :-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 2:06 pm 

Can anyone go?

What would you need to bring?

Is there a cost?

Is it being held in the Metro Area?

Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:42 pm 

For the time being, we'll assume its going to be at my place. I have 6 chairs and one table but plenty of space so if we run out of chairs, I'll find folding tables and folding chairs to set up. Post if you want to come so I get a count and can PM directions (unless plbark decides he wants it at his place).

Anyone can come.

You would need to bring the gun you want to use and an idea of what you want to do (see plblark's comments above). Please have it unloaded. If it is your carry gun, then you can clear it once you're here, but let me know that's what your doing before you yank it out and start racking the slide OK :)

I think the only cost would be obtaining supplies. I'm hoping some more experienced people will have something available to buy off them or will post what and where newbies should get materials to bring. I'm counting on it because I don't have any materials myself.

I live on the way north end of Brooklyn Park near the 610 and 252 intersection.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.