Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:14 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Next Holster Session June 28th 7pm 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 10:11 am 
Longtime Regular

Selurcspi wrote:
Wool was the meterial of choice for most outer clothes a hundred years ago. If you don't believe me put your levis on and then soak them with water and stand outside in october through april, then try the same thing with wool pants, you'll soon see why

Wet wool pants weigh a ton and you will walk around smelling like a sheep all day.

There are parts of the country that this could be a bad thing to do.. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 10:14 am 
Longtime Regular

hammAR wrote:
Selurcspi wrote:
Wool was the meterial of choice for most outer clothes a hundred years ago. If you don't believe me put your levis on and then soak them with water and stand outside in october through april, then try the same thing with wool pants, you'll soon see why

Wet wool pants weigh a ton and you will walk around smelling like a sheep all day.

There are parts of the country that this could be a bad thing to do.. :P

But you'd smell like a WARM sheep, not a freezing plant. :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

UT BCI Certified Conceal/Carry Instructor

"If you expect the police to always be able to protect you, why are the ones who show up at crimes called 'detectives' instead of 'defenders'? Detectives try to find a criminal after they've committed a crime."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 8:37 am 

Just a reminder that we aren't full at 6. If anyone else wants to come, we'll make room.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 6:08 am 
Longtime Regular

My wife informs me that we have a baby sitter and dinner reservations. Since she was nice enough to pay for DonL's class last friday (Father's day Present), I figure now's not time to buck the system :-)

Srigs will still be in attendance so we should still be go.

Sorry for the late cancellation guys. I'll make it next time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 9:45 pm 

The holster session was great - but we were missing Andrew. There were lines of disappointed permit holders looking for sheepdog pins.

I was able to do a pocket holster and start making what loosely resembles an OWB. I'm looking forward to the next session to finish them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:14 pm 
Longtime Regular

Sorry; had a huge headache, and no way to contact y'all. I even tried Srig's phone, but it was busy.

hypertech wrote:
The holster session was great - but we were missing Andrew. There were lines of disappointed permit holders looking for sheepdog pins.

I was able to do a pocket holster and start making what loosely resembles an OWB. I'm looking forward to the next session to finish them.

Post subject: A good time was had, even without Andrew!
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:22 pm 

also worked on a pocket holster, and absorbed a few new techniques and ideas. looks like it's time for another Tandy trip to pick up a few more tools and supplies! I'm definitely converted from the sewing awl to the punch and needles clan - it's faster and easier, and if you use the thicker thread to fill up the larger resulting holes, it has a nice look.

Thanks Matt for hosting! Thanks srigs for the experienced knowledge (and willingness to share it)! Now I just need to stay motivated and work on a couple more...

gun control means hitting where you aim!

Post subject: Re: A good time was had, even without Andrew!
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:55 pm 
Longtime Regular

tullibee wrote:
also worked on a pocket holster, and absorbed a few new techniques and ideas. looks like it's time for another Tandy trip to pick up a few more tools and supplies! I'm definitely converted from the sewing awl to the punch and needles clan - it's faster and easier, and if you use the thicker thread to fill up the larger resulting holes, it has a nice look.

Thanks Matt for hosting! Thanks srigs for the experienced knowledge (and willingness to share it)! Now I just need to stay motivated and work on a couple more...

It was a great time and your pocket holster looks good. Any time you guys want to get together again lets set it up! :D

Hypertech is in deep now and will be buying tools yet this weekend I'm sure. ;)

Side Guard Holsters
"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 7:41 am 
Longtime Regular

BUY YOUR TOOLS BEFORE THE 30th!

Tandy has a circular out with GREAT deals lasting through the 30th. I just found it in a pile of old mail and I'm kicking myself. I think a lunch time trip is in order.

Post subject: bad memory...
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 7:48 am 

what finish was the "not as shiny" one again? I may make a Tandy trip after work tonight and I'm trying to compile a shopping list...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 8:00 am 
Longtime Regular

Tullibee,

If you're buying leather and you wouldn't mind helping me out, I'm looking for some very thin black leather (1mm or so with a dull finish) to restore a couple of British Naval Cutlass handles. A piece about 6" x 12" would be perfect.

PM me if you need $$ in advance.

Thanks
:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

UT BCI Certified Conceal/Carry Instructor

"If you expect the police to always be able to protect you, why are the ones who show up at crimes called 'detectives' instead of 'defenders'? Detectives try to find a criminal after they've committed a crime."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:07 am 

It also looks like you can print off their flyer from their web page with a 50% off any one item coupon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 12:57 pm 
Longtime Regular

hypertech wrote:
It also looks like you can print off their flyer from their web page with a 50% off any one item coupon.

The Tandy Satin finish is the one you want.

Side Guard Holsters
"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 9:09 pm 

OK - so the Tandy guys did a really good job separating me from my money.

I am also now dyed dark mohogany :(. For some dumb reason I didn't think the dye would soak through the little sheepskin swab the guy suggested I use. I have to figure that out - it left fuzz all over everything.

So how many weeks is my hand gonna look funny?

Post subject: Wal-Mart...
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 9:14 pm 

Nitrile gloves are your friend!

I came out of Tandy only missing one thing from my list - they didn't have a single chisel point punch, so I'll have to make do with a 3 and a 4 for the time being...

selurcspi - I grabbed an 8.5x11 hunk of black thin stuff... if it doesn't look like what you expect, I can always take it back and see if they have a punch for me! What's your schedule look like this weekend?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.