Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:01 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Blue Guns 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 10:05 am 
Longtime Regular

They would even be good for non resellers if they could get them. I used one last night to test fit of a holster and cant / ride height, draw stroke, etc...

If you're dedicated to a single platform, I can see a benefit to having one.

-- I'm still waiting for the e-mail from my relatives who were over and probably saw the blue gun in the holster while I was playing with the kids and wrestling around. It's the perfect time to mention that it was intentionally a test of a new holster for retention and action protection.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 10:11 am 

Great! It's not just ME! You've got to get out with a blue gun in a prototype holster. There's no other way to test, in my opinion.

Does it make us look a little nutty? You bet. It's just the price we pay.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:48 am 

How well do the airsoft guns work for holster practice? A lot of them claim to be exact size replicas.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 1:14 pm 
Longtime Regular

drkarrow wrote:
How well do the airsoft guns work for holster practice? A lot of them claim to be exact size replicas.

They would be OK for light duty use but full time holster making the blue / Red guns are much better.

Side Guard Holsters
"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 1:21 pm 
Longtime Regular

Srigs wrote:
drkarrow wrote:

They would be OK for light duty use but full time holster making the blue / Red guns are much better.

1) Holster making would be MUCH better served by the Blue/Red guns. Single point of manufacture

2) Holster practice would depend on the gun. There are actually companies that make replacement solid barrels and plastic weighted mags for some guns so you can practice with a gun that CANNOT load/fire. for me, with my M&P40C the blue gun is close without weights. I've practiced with an airsoft 1911 a very little bit and the feel is a long way from real weight wise.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.