Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:03 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Blade Tech Holsters 
 Post subject: Blade Tech Holsters
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 2:32 pm 
Designated waste of protoplasm

If you are looking for a quality rig - Blade-Tech (www.blade-tech.com) has a selection of holsters that are very well made and comfortable to wear.

I just got a SRB for My kimber Pro carry - look at www.specialtyweapons.com to order in the future. Nice equipment at a fair price.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 3:05 pm 
Longtime Regular

I was happy enough with my Blade-Tech 1911 holster that I bought a Blade-Tech for my revolver, too. Their web site said it'd take 3 weeks; I called to make sure and they said I could actually probably get it in 2 weeks. I placed the order and the holster showed up in 1 week. And I like the holster.

But, I didn't know they made solid rocket boosters for 1911s!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 4:34 pm 
Longtime Regular

I have been a proponent of Blade Tech for several years, in fact of the dozen or so holsters I own, IWB/OWB, all but two are Blade Tech................I highly recommend them................YMMV

Pat, I hope that you got a longer one that covers the barrel this time...... :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 4:39 pm 
Longtime Regular

hammAR wrote:
Pat, I hope that you got a longer one that covers the barrel this time...... :P

This one is outside the pants, which is good -- the .357 gets pretty darn warm too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 1:47 pm 
Longtime Regular

I have one of their IDPA holsters and love it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 8:07 am 

I noticed that Blade-Tech is one of the few that carries a SOB holster.

But here is my question, why do they all carry the gun upside down at a funny cant? I don't know about you guys buy my arm/hand naturally starts to roll over making that type of retrevial tough!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 3:17 pm 
Longtime Regular

That seems about right for samll of the back. The "natural" cant of a holster is vertical at 3:00, and progressively more canted butt-forward the farther it gets to the rear.

I recommend against SOB holsters, especially in winter. Slipping on an icy sidewalk and falling on your touchas is annoying, but dropping your spine on a hunk of metal is potentially devastating.

DieselDood wrote:

But here is my question, why do they all carry the gun upside down at a funny cant? I don't know about you guys buy my arm/hand naturally starts to roll over making that type of retrevial tough!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 5:20 pm 

DieselDood wrote:

Andrew, I appreciate all you do on this site, and I'm not aiming this at just you. Here is my question again. I know that most people on this site are against SOB carry. Everytime I ask about this style of carry this is what I get. I realize the risks involved. I have also taken into account the number of times that I have fallen, and have also changed my course of action to stay away from slippery areas.

That is the one thing I have found on this forum. When someone asks an actual question, opinions come into play. Not that the opinions are bad, but the question at hand never gets answered.

So, my question still stands.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 6:49 pm 
Longtime Regular

DieselDood wrote:

One reason might be that when drawing a pistol from your back from a butt-down position, it's easier to point the gun at one's self while bringing the gun forward to the firing position. With the more usual butt-up arrangement, the gun pretty naturally points down as you bring it around.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 7:09 pm 

Pat Cannon wrote:
DieselDood wrote:

One reason might be that when drawing a pistol from your back from a butt-down position, it's easier to point the gun at one's self while bringing the gun forward to the firing position. With the more usual butt-up arrangement, the gun pretty naturally points down as you bring it around.

Thanks Pat!

I had thought of that. I have 2 holsters, one each way. With the way I have to draw the butt up holster, I almost have to turn the gun over right away. It could just be due to the way my elbows and shoulders are.

If that is the reason, I may have to practice drawing both ways paying more attention to that.

Being I carry at work, the other styles of carry just won't work. If I had the money for another fire arm, I could probably pull it off with something smaller, like a Kahr PM45. Right now I'm limited to what I have.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 8:44 pm 
Longtime Regular

DieselDood wrote:
I know that most people on this site are against SOB carry. Everytime I ask about this style of carry this is what I get.

If many people think that way, there might be a good reason for it.

DieselDood wrote:
I realize the risks involved. I have also taken into account the number of times that I have fallen, and have also changed my course of action to stay away from slippery areas.

It only takes one patch of ice that was crafty in hiding, and you can't walk any more.

DieselDood wrote:
That is the one thing I have found on this forum. When someone asks an actual question, opinions come into play. Not that the opinions are bad, but the question at hand never gets answered.

You asked for an opinion. Carrying and firearms are a good deal of opinion. I like certian things because they work well for me. You may not like them because they don't fit into how you have been doing things.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 8:59 pm 

someone1980 wrote:
DieselDood wrote:
I know that most people on this site are against SOB carry. Everytime I ask about this style of carry this is what I get.

If many people think that way, there might be a good reason for it.

DieselDood wrote:
I realize the risks involved. I have also taken into account the number of times that I have fallen, and have also changed my course of action to stay away from slippery areas.

It only takes one patch of ice that was crafty in hiding, and you can't walk any more.

DieselDood wrote:

You asked for an opinion. Carrying and firearms are a good deal of opinion. I like certian things because they work well for me. You may not like them because they don't fit into how you have been doing things.

I asked for facts, not an opinion of why SOB carry is generally upside down. Maybe a Study that the FBI did or something.

It's also a fact that in that position my arm naturally rotates to a palm out. Which is why I use the holster I use, and not the normal "sob" type that is uncomfortable to me.

Sure an opinion like Pat stated makes sense. The opinion of people just shouldn't carry that way, wasn't nesssissary.

Maybe I shouldn't do it. But the one understanding as I have gathered from EVERYONE on this site is that carrying is better, no matter how you do it.

Now if you want to trade jobs for a day, you let me know how you can Conceal a 1911 Loaded Champion while working under a dashboard of a Mazda 3. Then your opinion will be highly valued. Till then I'm tired of everyone telling me that it's dangerous. I know it is, but it's the only way I can carry concealed at work. I'm an Auto Mechanic. I spend Hours of my day in odd positions, from having my arms over my head removing a transmission to doing a heater core.

Putting it in my tool box till the end of the day isn't an option either, I have 4 other techs in and out of my box quite regularly. One of which I trust, but on the same breath is a convicted Felon.

Also, I apologize to the person whom started this thread, it has been quite hi-jacked since your origional post.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 8:59 pm 
Longtime Regular

An IWB holster can be worn well around to the back such that the concealment is just about as good as SOB, but not over your spine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 9:06 pm 

Pat Cannon wrote:
An IWB holster can be worn well around to the back such that the concealment is just about as good as SOB, but not over your spine.

Quite true.
Your one of the few people on here that have met me. I'm not exactly a big guy, I don't know that I can really slide the gun/holster over far enough to be comfortable and still be concealed.

There is another thread, that I was hoping more people would post on. It was picture requests of different holsters/guns in their carry positions.
I think those pictures could help ALL of us. It could definatly show people different things that they can do to either be deeply concealed, or not. It would also show how the different holsters sit in real life. That has been one of my biggist frustrations while shopping for a holster. Here's a nice chunk of leather or plastic sitting on a table. Judging where that is going to sit on someone is about impossible.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 9:17 pm 
Longtime Regular

DieselDood wrote:
There is another thread, that I was hoping more people would post on. It was picture requests of different holsters/guns in their carry positions.
I think those pictures could help ALL of us. It could definatly show people different things that they can do to either be deeply concealed, or not. It would also show how the different holsters sit in real life. That has been one of my biggist frustrations while shopping for a holster. Here's a nice chunk of leather or plastic sitting on a table. Judging where that is going to sit on someone is about impossible.
Thanks for the reminder -- I've got a picture of my 1911 in a Blade Tech IWB, I'll go to that photo thread & post it now.

OK, there it is.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.