Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:11 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
 Very happy with new Comp-Tac 
 Post subject: Very happy with new Comp-Tac
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 11:13 pm 

I am not sure how many of you are familiar with Comp-Tac holsters, but I just wanted to share with anyone who may be thinking about getting one of them. I called Comp-Tac and talked with a very friendly and knowledgeable woman on 7-9-07 about ordering a C-tac for my G19. She stated that it would be about 10-12 buisness days until I recieved my holster.

It came to work here today 7-16-07, that was rather quick but not unusual by the sounds of it. It was packaged and wrapped very nicely. The holster itself looks to be very nice quality and it is even better in person than I expected. When I get off work I will go home and see how she fits the Glock! Overall I am very happy with Comp-Tac's service and product, and would recomend them to anyone!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 3:05 am 

What clips did you get with it? I got one last month for my G31 and am amazed at how comfortable it is, I even took a nap with it on today and didn't notice until I got up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:36 am 

I have the IWB CTAC for my 19. Best holster for any gun I own. Comfortable as can be, right out of the box. Nonetheless, to get it even more comfortable to wear, switch the leather tabs with one another. That is, take the screws out and put the left side's leather tab on the right side and the right side's leather tab on the left side. It'll take a little fiddling to line the holes up for one of the tabs but it's very doable. By flipping/switching the tabs, you'll gain at least another 1/2 inch in lowering the CTAC into your waistband, taking the butt of the gun even farther down from jabbing your hip/side. (If you don't like the change, you can always just flip the tabs back like it came from the factory.)

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:10 am 

I agree, Comp-Tac is a good outfit. I have two CTACs (M&P40 and XD40 5") and like them a lot.

Skin that smokewagon and see what happens.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 3:07 pm 

onebohemian wrote:
I have the IWB CTAC for my 19. Best holster for any gun I own. Comfortable as can be, right out of the box. Nonetheless, to get it even more comfortable to wear, switch the leather tabs with one another. That is, take the screws out and put the left side's leather tab on the right side and the right side's leather tab on the left side. It'll take a little fiddling to line the holes up for one of the tabs but it's very doable. By flipping/switching the tabs, you'll gain at least another 1/2 inch in lowering the CTAC into your waistband, taking the butt of the gun even farther down from jabbing your hip/side. (If you don't like the change, you can always just flip the tabs back like it came from the factory.)

+1

polish by heritage; american by birth; patriot by conviction; saved by grace through faith in Christ!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 5:40 pm 

Works great for my G27, I have some V clips on the way.

Jon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 10:28 am 

EAJuggalo wrote:
What clips did you get with it? I got one last month for my G31 and am amazed at how comfortable it is, I even took a nap with it on today and didn't notice until I got up.

Sorry for not getting back right away, I got the standard clips just because that is what the woman on the phone recomended.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 8:18 pm 
Wise Elder

I have 3 of them. All with standard clips.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 7:17 am 

i received a ctac for my (our) pt-140. i like it so much i immediately ordered another one when i bought my new ccw, a s&w m&p .40c. got it in 3 days. very good holster at a very good price with very good delivery time and very good people to work with.

polish by heritage; american by birth; patriot by conviction; saved by grace through faith in Christ!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.