Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:23 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
 holster camouflage 
 Post subject: holster camouflage
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 11:49 pm 

i have noticed from time to time, when i pocket carry, my holster bulge is noticeable. i was thinking if only i could make that bulge look like something else.

i decided it would hide best as an ipod sized outline, but then i would need earphones to complete the look, or i could make it look like a blackberry. it was the best thing i could think to use. so i talked to a blackberry repair guy and he said he could send me a junk faceplate.

i really only wanted the front half so i could save depth on the whole arrangement. the overall dimensions don't get much bigger, but where they do it looks most like a blackberry, which is what i want. the only thing i wish it had was the rubber keypad insert.

(at first the blackberry repair guy was paranoid that i would be using the faceplates for less than legal pursuits. i remembered the guy was in texas, so i told what i was really using it for, and he thought it was a good idea. he sent me a variety of junk faceplates to experiment with, all i needed to pay was shipping. way cool!!)

i will report back on the success.[/img]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 12:04 am 
Longtime Regular

Wow, that's a pretty cool idea you've got there. Very creative! Will you be seeking a patent and marketing this product? :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 5:42 am 
Longtime Regular

Good idea. A little expensive with the blackberry front for mass market possibilities on there but good cammo!

Side Guard Holsters
"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 7:33 am 
Longtime Regular

I think you'd have to cut Mr. Mika in on any profits on that particular layout... 8)

Nice idea!

-Gen. William Thornson, U.S. Army

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 5:01 pm 

i got the blackberry fronts (5 of them) for $12 total including shipping from texas. if you only use junky blackberry fronts there should be little to no expense.

it's not really even an idea that could make money, because it is too easy to do. and good eye recognizing a mika holster! i have decided not to attach the front to my holster at all. this way i can change it anytime i wish and it does not harm my favorite holster!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:17 am 
Longtime Regular

the_interpreter wrote:
...good eye recognizing a mika holster...

I'd be surprised if there was anyone here that couldn't identify one of his ugly creations...

I own a couple of them, and will have more soon...

-Gen. William Thornson, U.S. Army

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:18 am 
Longtime Regular

They are distinctive, they're not fashionable but they ARE functional :-)

re: the blackberry, good idea but what about when you use your real cell phone?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:39 am 
Longtime Regular

Good idea, but hardly anyone notices even open carry. Who are we hiding from? :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:48 am 
Longtime Regular

Curious co-workers? People who might suspect but won't do anything if they don't KNOW? To assuage self consciousness?

The concept is pretty inventive actually.

The second cell phone won't be an issue for the general public anyway. The whole camouflage is for someone who is LOOKING.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 8:33 am 

I carry my keyring on a Carabiner and have always had the habit of hooking it to the belt loop over my front pocket. In this way they dangle over my pocket holster and help conceal any noticable printing. And they are easy to get at :D The act of reaching into my pocket just swings them forward out of the way.

I have carried my keys like this for years, well before I started carrying other items so folks are use to seeing it and think nothing of it.

DonT

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.