Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:42 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Suggestion for warm weather conceal 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:46 pm 

I have a 4" N frame S&W and i use an iwb and with a loose fitting untucked polo it is completly concealed

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:58 am 

Inside the waistband and an untucked shirt. I like patterned shirts and will be looking at acquiring subdued Hawaiian shirts. Untucked button down shirts seem to be a midwest thing so nobody should look twice.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:33 am 

Not summer related, but I now realized that at Thursday's capitol meeting a lot of 'us' were wearing fleece vests. They looked like just a normal part of the wardrobe, but duh! :o it was a cover garment 8)
I am such a hillbilly!

"I disagree with what you say, but I would fight to the death for your right to say it." Voltaire

"I may not be allowed to eat the apples any more, but strolling through the orchard is certainly pleasant." Chunkstyle

Post subject: Warm weather carry -
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:24 pm 

I am always surprised that the Smart Carry does not come into play during these discussions. I absolutely love this option, especially in the summer months when it is Khaki and Polo Shirt weather.

Mine is going on its 3rd year of regular use, still works great and I have no issue carrying my SIG 229 and an extra mag.

Post subject: Re: Warm weather carry -
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:56 am 
Longtime Regular

ronin069 wrote:
I am always surprised that the Smart Carry does not come into play during these discussions. I absolutely love this option, especially in the summer months when it is Khaki and Polo Shirt weather.

Mine is going on its 3rd year of regular use, still works great and I have no issue carrying my SIG 229 and an extra mag.

You Smart Carry a Sig 229? :shock:

WOW - mine hardly fits in the large size Fanny Pack that looks really big on me.

<As he looks down while seated> NO WAY - you're pulling our tit right? Seriously? Do you ever sit down?

Mostly-

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 6:08 am 

WOW - mine hardly fits in the large size Fanny Pack that looks really big on me.

<As he looks down while seated> NO WAY - you're pulling our tit right? Seriously? Do you ever sit down?

[quote][/quote]

Yes, sir. I wear it center down the middle with butt to the left (I am left handed). Until I bought the SIG I carried my XD .40 but all that "fishing around" down there near the trigger when I draw makes me nervous.

As far as sitting down, I wear it when driving and sure, know that it is there...but the reality is that when the uniform of the day is slacks and tucked in polo there are only so many options. Besides, now I don't have to worry about someone kicking me in the seeds! 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 6:14 am 
Longtime Regular

Wow - I've been looking at Smart Carry for a P3AT, will have to give it a 'shot' with my Sig - would answer my issue with wearing a scout uniform and 'being prepared' better then my fanny pack.

Hmmm - I would think the 2 safeties on the XD would lend itself to this type of carry better, but I suppose DA/SA would prevent issues.

Take care

Mostly-

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 7:13 am 

I gotta admit, I'm a little surprised too. I never even considered carrying my XD that way. No one notices it? Its not like stuffing a pair of socks down there, the shape is pretty distinct. Besides, I have this strange (and admittedly irrational) fear that a pretty girl will walk by, and because of my natural and instinctual response, I'll pull the trigger... :oops: Stupid, I know.

Protect yourself and the ones you love.

NRA Certified Instructor
MADFI Certified Instructor

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:55 am 
Longtime Regular

nmat wrote:
I gotta admit, I'm a little surprised too. I never even considered carrying my XD that way. No one notices it? Its not like stuffing a pair of socks down there, the shape is pretty distinct. Besides, I have this strange (and admittedly irrational) fear that a pretty girl will walk by, and because of my natural and instinctual response, I'll pull the trigger... :oops: Stupid, I know.

Yah know you must be at least 21 to get your permit... Should be over that 'issue' by then... 8) :lol:

Mostly-

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:59 am 
The Man

Many years ago, I was carrying in Thunderwear at a party at a friend's house, and a female friend of mine sat down in my lap, as has been known to happen, upon rare occasion.

She gave me kind of a look.

"Well," I said, "I am happy to see you, but..."

"Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know: you do have a gun in your pocket." She had the courtesy, thankfully, to sound disappointed.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:02 am 

Quote:
Yah know you must be at least 21 to get your permit... Should be over that 'issue' by then...

Mostly-

Chunk said it best - "I may not be allowed to eat the apples any more, but strolling through the orchard is certainly pleasant."

[start Monty Python roll]
"I'm not dead yet!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 6:12 pm 
Longtime Regular

Yeah, I carried a Ruger P95 in a SmartCarry for more than two years, with jeans and shorts. Never got made. And with a couple little kids who like to jump on Daddy, it has saved me from certain injury a couple of times. :)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:39 pm 

ronin069 wrote:

Quote:

Yes, sir. I wear it center down the middle with butt to the left (I am left handed). Until I bought the SIG I carried my XD .40 but all that "fishing around" down there near the trigger when I draw makes me nervous.

As far as sitting down, I wear it when driving and sure, know that it is there...but the reality is that when the uniform of the day is slacks and tucked in polo there are only so many options. Besides, now I don't have to worry about someone kicking me in the seeds! 8)

Do you have any issues with pant sizes with a SmartCarry? Can you wear it with you normal pants that you wear any other time, or do you need to go up a size to give yourself room to wear it and be able to draw from it?

-Scott

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 2:56 pm 

Scott A wrote:

Do you have any issues with pant sizes with a SmartCarry? Can you wear it with you normal pants that you wear any other time, or do you need to go up a size to give yourself room to wear it and be able to draw from it?

-Scott

In my experience, a slightly larger pair (1-2 inches, like you'd use for IWB carry) of pants work better, but "normal" pants seem to work ok too.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 7:06 pm 
Longtime Regular

dismal wrote:
Scott A wrote:

-Scott

In my experience, a slightly larger pair (1-2 inches, like you'd use for IWB carry) of pants work better, but "normal" pants seem to work ok too.

Pleated pants are your friend with Smartcarry... I know.

Side Guard Holsters
"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.