Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:33 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 Holsters from Sideguard Holsters 
 Post subject: Holsters from Sideguard Holsters
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 9:08 pm 
Longtime Regular

I am looking at picking up one of Srigs holsters, the Tuck Clip, and wondering if anyone has one and what they think of it. Any problems with it? Thanks for sharing.

Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Chris

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:02 pm 
Longtime Regular

I just got one a couple weeks ago. I have to say I don't like the clip, in fact I broke it off trying to bend it, because it would sometimes slip off my belt when trying to draw (it is a thick belt). The holster itself is excellent but I'd recommend the snap version.

[In fact, Srigs, if you're tuned in, I've been meaning to PM you about retro-fitting a snap loop.]

Another issue is thickness of an IWB holster for a revolver, it makes for quite a lump under your belt. With an auto, of course, much less of an issue.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:24 pm 
Longtime Regular

Pat Cannon wrote:
I just got one a couple weeks ago. I have to say I don't like the clip, in fact I broke it off trying to bend it, because it would sometimes slip off my belt when trying to draw (it is a thick belt). The holster itself is excellent but I'd recommend the snap version.

[In fact, Srigs, if you're tuned in, I've been meaning to PM you about retro-fitting a snap loop.]

Another issue is thickness of an IWB holster for a revolver, it makes for quite a lump under your belt. With an auto, of course, much less of an issue.

You should have told me Pat. I would be glad to retrofit the connection to a snap.

Side Guard Holsters
"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 1:03 am 
Longtime Regular

Srigs wrote:
Pat Cannon wrote:

You should have told me Pat. I would be glad to retrofit the connection to a snap.
That would be great. I was actually planning on talking to you at the breakfast Saturday but failed to get my lazy butt out of bed soon enough. I'll drop it in the mail. I pretty much assume I voided any implied warranty when I started beating on it with a hammer, so let me know what you want to charge me for the mod.

So, Moby, I can also report that the customer service about as responsive as could be! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:13 am 
Longtime Regular

No problem. Send it on over and I'll fix it. We can figure something out... a hammer or a phone call ;) :lol:

Side Guard Holsters
"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 3:06 pm 

Well that adds a a new meaning to Hammering out your problems! :lol:

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 3:13 pm 
Longtime Regular

you know, I think HammAR would hammer it out with a .308 :-)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.