Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:26 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ] 
 Holsters for SIG 228 and SW Sigma 40VE 
 Post subject: Holsters for SIG 228 and SW Sigma 40VE
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 7:18 pm 

Does anyone have any recommendations or suggestions for good holsters for a SIG 228 or a SW 40VE? I currently have a Blackhawk Serpa holster for the SIG, and a leather OWB holster that will fit both guns.

I'd like to get something IWB that has better concealment for me when wearing my work clothes (usually khakis and a button-down shirt).

Any good suggestions out there from those of you that have been doing this for a lot longer than me?

Thanks,
Scott

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: holster
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 9:40 pm 

Take a look at the Blade-Tech UCH. Everyone I know that has one, really likes 'em. They're molded to fit one gun, though.

Don

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 10:10 pm 
Longtime Regular

I use and recommend www.rmholsters.com

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 11:03 pm 
Longtime Regular

I can handle both guns. I own a 40VE and have a 229 form the 228 is the same size.

Side Guard Holsters
"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:32 pm 

Srigs wrote:
I can handle both guns. I own a 40VE and have a 229 form the 228 is the same size.

Which one would you recommend for the best concealment with my work clothes (khaki pants, polo or button-down shirt tucked in)? According to my HR manual, I can't carry in my workplace, but I want to be able to immediately go back to carrying as soon as I get out of the building and can get to my vehicle.

-Scott

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:13 pm 
Longtime Regular

Paddle holster allows for easy on/off.

The IWB from RM Holsters is really a backwards paddle holster with belt loops.

RM holsters Extreme cant Paddle can be worn either as a true paddle, or you can slip it on a belt, really your choice. This one is the holster I use for both my Beretta 92 as well as my Sistema 1927.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: holsters
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:14 pm 

You'll want to decide if you want a belt, or paddle holster, or if your holster will be IWB. Then there's the decision about storage in your vehicle.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 7:04 pm 
Longtime Regular

Scott A wrote:
Srigs wrote:

Which one would you recommend for the best concealment with my work clothes (khaki pants, polo or button-down shirt tucked in)? According to my HR manual, I can't carry in my workplace, but I want to be able to immediately go back to carrying as soon as I get out of the building and can get to my vehicle.

-Scott

The 228 is a shorter barrel and rounder slide. They both have wide grips that makes tucking more of a challenge. If you want tuckable, I have a Tuck Clip/snap or I can also do a Double Clip/snap tuckable.

Another option with a cover garment would be The Snap OWB for easy on/off.

You could get a third gun and pocket carry it ;)

Side Guard Holsters
"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 7:49 pm 

I already have two OWB holsters, so my next ones really need to be something IWB. I might go for one Tuck and another good one looks like the Double Snap or the Quick Change. I need to talk to the CFO and see what she thinks.

Same goes for the pocket gun. That's a long-term goal for now. I'm going to have to come up with something shiny for her before I can get another gun for me. :lol:

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:57 am 
Longtime Regular

Scott A wrote:
I already have two OWB holsters, so my next ones really need to be something IWB. I might go for one Tuck and another good one looks like the Double Snap or the Quick Change. I need to talk to the CFO and see what she thinks.

Same goes for the pocket gun. That's a long-term goal for now. I'm going to have to come up with something shiny for her before I can get another gun for me. :lol:

I understand. My wife likes leather purses or boots so we have an understanding. ;)

Side Guard Holsters

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:14 am 

Srigs wrote:
I understand. My wife likes leather purses or boots so we have an understanding. ;)

So now you're a purse and boot maker :?:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:28 pm 
Longtime Regular

lumbering.buffalo wrote:
Srigs wrote:

So now you're a purse and boot maker :?:

I'm not that good and I need to sleep sometimes! I did fix Ms T's purse at the holster session so maybe ;) :D

Side Guard Holsters

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:40 pm 

Srigs wrote:

You're a lucky man. Leather is a lot cheaper than those shiny objects that my wife prefers. Her hobby of collecting jewelry is even more expensive than mine of guns, holsters, and other gear. :lol:

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.