Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:02 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Question, Strong Side, OWB, hip draw 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 11:55 am 
Longtime Regular

ScottM wrote:
For OWB I have a Galco Fletch that I removed the retention strap from, I carry that at 9 o clock. I also have a Milt Sparks VMII for IWB that usually ends up at 8:30. I have carried my wallet in my left front pocket for years and am having a hard time getting it to stay in my right front. It seems I am a creature of habit.

It took me a couple of weeks to get used to the wallet on the other side...now I'm used to it even when I'm not carrying in my pocket.

Just ordered a Nemesis holster for my J-Frame, so I'll have another option for that pocket. :D

-Mark

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 6:09 am 
Longtime Regular

ree wrote:
jac714 wrote:
Add me to the list of fans of the carry locks. I think Bianchi nailed the retention on this one, works much better than the Serpa version. It is a comfortable and secure rig.

Can you elaborate on the concealability of the carryloks? I've read that since the locking mechanism is pretty stiff, they don't break in around the hip at 3 o'clock all that well and are better off for 4 o'clock carry...at least if your looking to minimize printing. True or not?

So I won't be accused of too much drift: as many others have done I switched my wallet location from right rear to front left, for both ease of access and maximizing distance between gun and wallet in case of LEO encounter. Took all of a day to get use to it. If I'm wearing cargo pants/shorts the wallet goes down low if will securely stay there. For jeans, it gets crammed in with other stuff in the regular front-left pocket.

At first I wanted to carry around 4-4:30, but I've gotten use to it at 3, probably because I spend too much time sitting and bending. Maybe you'll find that 3 works out okay in the end. FWIW, I agree with others that the SERPA is really only good as an OC rig (IMO); man does it stick out pretty far.

Sorry about the delay in replying to this, I have had no peoblem with mine but it is about 2 years old and fits like a glove. IIRC it took longer to break in than other holsters but it was worth the effort.

I have had no problems with printing but I am a larger guy so it hides well with the rest of the weight around my waist.

"For those who fight for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
-Unknown

Honorably Discharged member of Uncle Sam's Underwater Canoe Club.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 9:20 am 
The Man

Yup. I know what and where he was carrying, the other week, because he told me. I was looking for any printing -- I do that; it's kind of a habit -- and there just plain wasn't any.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 10:30 pm 
Longtime Regular

I did pick up a Carrylock in April for my XD-45c 4". It's far from broken-in for catch-22 reasons. It prints some at the back of the slide (the blocky XD's fault probably)....so I don't carry it enough to break it in (I've only ever CC'ed). I've got it stretched enough to draw smoothly. It seems to be a winner though for thin guns or thicker guns that can print a little or for OC'ing/range work/duty use.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:56 pm 
Longtime Regular

ree wrote:
I did pick up a Carrylock in April for my XD-45c 4". It's far from broken-in for catch-22 reasons. It prints some at the back of the slide (the blocky XD's fault probably)....so I don't carry it enough to break it in (I've only ever CC'ed). I've got it stretched enough to draw smoothly. It seems to be a winner though for thin guns or thicker guns that can print a little or for OC'ing/range work/duty use.

Works like a charm under a sport coat for CC.

-Mark

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.