Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:14 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Crossbreed Supertuck 
 Post subject: Just got mine
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:10 pm 

Based on Selurcspi's recommendation I got one for my P7. Very comfy even with my girth. I have a couple of questions.

First, how can I adjust the cant> The receiving thing-a-ma-jig for the front clip seems pressed into the leather. Is there a trick to removing it without tearing up the leather before moving it to the next hole up?

Second, is there a trick to tucking in your shirt? Part of my problem are my handles. Just wondering if anybody has a system?

Thanks.

Post subject: Re: Just got mine
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:22 pm 
Longtime Regular

lumbering.buffalo wrote:
Part of my problem are my handles.

Gun handles? Love handles?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:38 pm 

Tick Slayer wrote:
lumbering.buffalo wrote:
Part of my problem are my handles.

Gun handles? Love handles?

Uhm...gun handles are called grips :D

I'm talking about the over abundance of fat that sticks out on each side of my waist.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 7:40 pm 
Journeyman Member

Duane J wrote:
you can hide a mac truck with this thing

You mean one of these? :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:08 am 

lumbering.buffalo wrote:
Based on Selurcspi's recommendation I got one for my P7. Very comfy even with my girth. I have a couple of questions.

First, how can I adjust the cant> The receiving thing-a-ma-jig for the front clip seems pressed into the leather. Is there a trick to removing it without tearing up the leather before moving it to the next hole up?

Second, is there a trick to tucking in your shirt? Part of my problem are my handles. Just wondering if anybody has a system?

Thanks.

the cant can be adjusted by either loosening and tilting the clips, or in comination with adjusting the holes they ride in. the screw retainers have prongs on the back to bite the leather. you can lift them out gently by using a small screw driver, or even your finger nail. you wont hurt the holster. when you relocate the retainer to a new hole, make sure you tighten the screw enough to drive the prongs back in. it's pretty easy, just dive in.

as far as tucking in your shirt goes, i use the following procedure:
-get dressed and get holster mounted securely, button up pants and belt like you are ready to go out without tucking in your shirt.
-unbuckle belt and unbutton pants to give yourself just enough room to tuck in shirt.
-tuck shirt inbetween clips and holster and around the kydex.
-button and buckle back up.

it sounds like a pain, but once you've done it once, you'll quickly get the routine down. and the finished product is well worth the extra minute or two if you need to wonder around tucked in.

Duane

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:57 pm 

How is the retention of the gun? I mean, as far as running around in the yard kicking the ball around with the boy? Am I going to have to worry about what activities I do while wearing this holster? I have been searching and searching for a good IWB holster and after narrowing down my choices, I think I am going to go with the Crossbreed. It just looks to be the best of all worlds. My only concern now is how well the gun stay in the holster. I have two small boys and we tend to be very active. I don't like the thought of goofing around and having my gun go sliding across the ground. However, I am not too crazy about the thought of a thumb-break either. Just wondering what I can expect when I get one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:13 pm 

i have, while wearing this holster, done everything from log walks (across water) to a variety of yard gymastics and running around playin' sports. the firearms isn't going anywhere. if you are in the south metro or near there, you are always welcome to stop by and try one on for yourself.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 5:04 pm 
Longtime Regular

Does hanging upside down from trusses pulling cat5 count as good retention. Fully loaded P7M13 in the Crossbreed and never a worry.
:D :D :D :D :D

UT BCI Certified Conceal/Carry Instructor

"If you expect the police to always be able to protect you, why are the ones who show up at crimes called 'detectives' instead of 'defenders'? Detectives try to find a criminal after they've committed a crime."

Post subject: Re: Crossbreed Supertuck
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 12:34 pm 
Journeyman Member

atripp wrote:
Anyone have any experience/opinions on these holsters? I am looking at getting one for my XD.
Their website is http://www.crossbreedholsters.com/index.html

They look pretty slick, and perfect for how I want to carry, just wondering if anyone has one.

I've worn my crossbreed for about two weeks now. LOVE IT!! It took about 2-3 days to "form" to my body, but now I barely ever know its there. It's pretty comfortable. I'd recommend one. I carry an XD 40.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 12:44 pm 
1911 tainted

Because of all of the positive reviews and a few recommendations, I ordered one for a 1911 frame. I have not yet worn it in public, maybe I am just too happy and set in my current carry holsters, but I do have it in my holster display for my classes.

I guess I just have to put it on and go to really test it out. :)

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:13 pm 

I'm with you Cobb; I had to order one for my Glock 23. If it's everything they say it is it should be the last holster I buy for that gun. Then all I have to do is pick one up for my XD's. :D

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:04 pm 

For those who have a crossbreed, which type of leather do you suggest ordering it with? Is the combat grip worth the cost? Also do you recommend getting the additional j-hooks?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.