Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:27 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Thigh holster idea & questions 
 Post subject: Thigh holster idea & questions
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 12:02 pm 
Longtime Regular

I'm considering a thigh holster for when I want to dress very girly. There are a few problems though.
1) I'm not thin. The consequence of which is that my thighs meet regularly. Not just for weight loss support group meetings. They're best friends. :roll:
2) I carry a revolver. Not flat.
3) It has a steel frame (http://www.taurususa.com/products/product-details.cfm?id=293&category=Revolver) and weighs in, unloaded, at 23 ounces and change.

I've been thinking the solution may be a thigh holster configured for outer thigh wear.

The biggest question I have, before I jump in with both feet, is whether there's a good reason a woman (wearing a skirt like the ones below? shouldn't/can't conceal in an outer-thigh located thigh holster?

Image Image Image

Edited for formatting, punctuation.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 2:41 pm 
Longtime Regular

Tick,

The only thing I can think of to bring to your attention is to think about placing a similar shaped lump in the same place on the opposite leg to provide a symmetrical look and feel. It could be a speedloader if you feel you want to carry one!

UT BCI Certified Conceal/Carry Instructor

"If you expect the police to always be able to protect you, why are the ones who show up at crimes called 'detectives' instead of 'defenders'? Detectives try to find a criminal after they've committed a crime."

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.