Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:35 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Custom SideGuard IWB for XD45c 
 Post subject: Custom SideGuard IWB for XD45c
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:14 am 
Longtime Regular

A while back, Srigs asked for assistance designing a maker's mark for his brand. I did the winning design and as a treat he offered to make me a holster of my choosing. Shortly thereafter I started carrying an XD45 in an MTAC. I though it was pretty comfortable, except for bottom ends of the clips that would dig into my thigh, even after trimming, and the fact that they could rotate allowing the rig to shift over time.

So I spec'ed out an IWB that would use the same clips but hold them vertically, allow them to be height adjusted (in case I wanted to tweak the cant a little), might allow me to move them farther in or out if the need arose, and might allow me to switch to other clips in the future. This is what we came up with (my scuffs and towel lint included):

It turns out to fit just perfectly as is. So I trimmed the ends off of the clips and left them in the outer channels. I'm not sure I'll ever really need to exploit the ability to change out or adjust the positioning of the clips (I'm sure Srigs is grumbling now), but I think it might come in handy should I ever want to have him make me some tuckable leather loops or something like that.

Not only does it feel good, it conceals amazingly well. The XD isn't particularly slender, but it's gone under my shirt at 3 o'clock.

In this picture, the XD is on the left side (my right); the bump on the right side (my left) is actually my phone holster. What is showing in the picture, which is actually hardly noticable is actually the front clip of the holster pushng forward, not the gun. I haven't gotten it completely broken in yet.

And me bending over stretching the shirt out shows a bit of grip printing, but hardly a concern.

Last, but not least, Srigs maker's mark in the real:

Thanks Srigs!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:23 am 
Longtime Regular

BEAUTIFUL!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:23 am 
Longtime Regular

Beautiful holster. Great maker's mark.

Though I have to say those clips are an argument in favor of boxers or boxer briefs. :shock: No little bikinis with those clips!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:26 am 
Longtime Regular

Tick Slayer wrote:
Beautiful holster. Great maker's mark.

Though I have to say those clips are an argument in favor of boxers or boxer briefs. :shock: No little bikinis with those clips!

Srigs left them full length so I could adjust them if I wanted. Since it fit perfectly, I cut them off right at the bottom on the leather. There is no poking or jabbing going on with this holster. That's what I hated most about my MTAC.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:32 am 
Longtime Regular

Oooh! Nice. I'm liking this more and more.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:47 pm 
Longtime Regular

You're Welcome and Thank You for the great makers mark design!

I think it turned out great. It was a challenge and as you know the first attempt was not ideal. Great pics and I will put them in my custom section.

Thanks again for your ideas and let me know how it carries after a while. :)

Side Guard Holsters
"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.