Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:15 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Safariland 6368 
 Post subject: Safariland 6368
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:01 pm 

After borrowing a friends 6361 and becomming proficient with it, I purchased my own 6368(updated version).

I say proficient, as it is a level 3 retention holster. I have gone 90% away from my old SOB carry. When I did that I found that due to my job I had to constantly watch and monitor where the gun was in the holster. I needed retention.

This holster takes practice. No ifs ands or butts about it. Drop the first level with your thumb(press down and rotate forward), and as you are drawing hit the button for the 2nd(near the safety, pulling "down" towards the bottom of the magwell) and your thumb is already resting on the safety.

One thing I have found.... Pressing that last button puts your thumb on the safety and I have found that probably 70% of the time when I try to do a "quick" practice draw the safety is already off when I mentally think about it. This just shows you one more reason to KEEP YOUR FINGER OFF THE TRIGGER!

DD

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:02 am 
Longtime Regular

Is this the holster we are talking about?
http://www.safariland.com/product.aspx?pid=6368
Just my opinion,but this takes a little too much time for access for me. I do occasionally wear a Galco with a thumb strap but that would be the limit for me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:13 am 

MNBud wrote:
Just my opinion,but this takes a little too much time for access for me. I do occasionally wear a Galco with a thumb strap but that would be the limit for me.

Yup that's the one. If you can drop a thumb break and put your thumb on the safety you could use this holster with a 1911. It's a natural draw. The directions that come with it say practice till your under 2 seconds. I'm easily under that.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 5:32 pm 

DieselDood wrote:
MNBud wrote:

Yup that's the one. If you can drop a thumb break and put your thumb on the safety you could use this holster with a 1911. It's a natural draw. The directions that come with it say practice till your under 2 seconds. I'm easily under that.

2 seconds out of an open carry holster is SLOW. I know it's a Level 3 holster, but 2 seconds in a gun fight when you're already behind the 8 ball is an eternity.

Out of curiousity, are you concealing this holster?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:51 pm 

VikesFan wrote:
DieselDood wrote:
MNBud wrote:

2 seconds out of an open carry holster is SLOW. I know it's a Level 3 holster, but 2 seconds in a gun fight when you're already behind the 8 ball is an eternity.

Out of curiousity, are you concealing this holster?

Yes it's "concealed."

That is concealed time, and again I'm under 2. Sitting there strong side, open carry, I'm sure I'm around a second.

I was just saying what the directions said. I also thought 2 seconds was slow, but hey... it's better than carrying a pair of Numchucks.

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.