Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:16 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 New holsters 
 Post subject: New holsters
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 7:18 am 

got some new goods from don hume for my PT111. i think the goal is to make that my primary everyday carry (vs. my taurus .38 and XD .45). the ones i have are below (cut and paste from donhume.com), i'll get some pictures up as soon as i can.

i got the last one in black as well, however.

they appear to be fantastic quality. they ride very tight to the body. really snug fit on the firearm, but i'm sure that'll break itself in.

D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:06 am 
Longtime Regular

Nice! Now, did you have the PT111 before you took my class, or did I turn you to the dark (Brazilian) side? :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:39 am 

Andrew Rothman wrote:
Nice! Now, did you have the PT111 before you took my class, or did I turn you to the dark (Brazilian) side? :)

to be completely honest, you had something to do with that acquisition. the taurus .38 is great cuz you can just toss it in your pocket, but it is only 5 rounds.... the XD is a madhouse of .45 and amazing followup shot ability, but it is a tad big and heavy (it's not a full 5" inch, it's a 4 inch compact, but still). i wanted something inbetween the two. small enough, with plenty of rounds. the PT111 was a logical choice, and i knew it shot well since you let me fire yours. i was hoping for one in .45 but a great price on a 9mm came up, so i snatched it.

this dang holster seems great so far. i'm only a half day into wearing it, but time will tell. i also plan on using the open top during the combat focus class next month, putting 1500 rounds down range should give the holster a good test.

D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:44 am 

After a few weeks of wearing these new little pieces around I'm quite impressed. They right extremely tight to the body with no wigglin' around. Also high enough that a t-shirt covers them well. The build quality is superb and I see zero signs of any imperfections or early failures. I'm pretty rough on holsters and routinely wind up rolling on the ground wearing them. These are taking the abuse in stride.

What is particularly impressive to me is the price and availability of don hume goods. they are very reasonably prices, and have among the shortest wait times of high quality all leather holsters. I would recommend them to any seeking a nice holster. I have a stack of their catalogs if anyone would like one.

Srigs, beware, you're next on my holster abuse list. :lol: I'll be looking for some goods very soon..... I'm quite excited about adding some local goods to the collection!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:30 am 
On time out

Where are they made, someone was saying he was having them sewn offshore....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:34 am 

i'm not sure on this one. i wouldn't speculate it's overseas, but if it is, i'm awed by the quality. i'm not accustomed to seeing imported goods of fine quality.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:02 pm 
Longtime Regular

I have always like the Don Hume holsters. Especially the JIT Slide.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:26 pm 
Longtime Regular

Don makes good looking rigs.

Side Guard Holsters
"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.