Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:20 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Fresh Out of Skills Training? 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 6:00 pm 
Journeyman Member

Quote:
As an aside, my "prowler" was just outfitted with the latest video recording equipment, the "Digital Ally". It's always on and when I press record or activate my emergency lights, it captures about 30 seconds of video from BEFORE I activated it. So now I can witness a violation, turn on the recorder, and it will have captured it. Cool, huh?

I want that! Got a spare?

tman, you fogot to tell me where to find that vending machine!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:44 pm 
Longtime Regular

JD Christian wrote:

I can't remember where I found the pic. I'd sure like to have that vendor, though.

"hmm...G6 looks like a good pick for church!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 5:33 am 
Longtime Regular

tman065 wrote:
JD Christian wrote:

I can't remember where I found the pic. I'd sure like to have that vendor, though.

So long as they don't get banged up when they fall -- and if they're all around a buck, even better. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 8:02 am 
Journeyman Member

tman065 wrote:

LMFAO! Love it!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 3:13 pm 
Journeyman Member

Actual driving line of site. Better than a pic of my garbage can.

Somebody mentioned stature earlier. The car is a 2005 Ford Taurus. I'm 6'3" and 240. Unless being attacked by an incoming aircraft, the GPS does not limit my view of the road. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 10:50 pm 

tman065 - Got your back in this dialogue. I'm all for exercising discretion while enforcing laws, etc., but have to chuckle when my friends on here (and other forums) trumpet the letter of the law when citing businesses that are non-compliant in their signage and other issues in support of our cause here, but then go ape when a LEO dings them for violating a statute. Fortunately, radar detectors were just plain illegal back in my day (and state) and I had to exercise a whole lot less discretion about their use.

As for GPS placement, I have no problem glancing at this small screen BELOW the dash, while remaining complaint here in Minnesota.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:17 am 

JD Christian - DUDE! I just looked closer at your windshield. It's littered with stuff. Is this how it looked when you were stopped? Correct me if I'm wrong, but am I looking at three devices attached to your windshield on the driver's half of the glass, along with some kinda' stuffed animal or something in the corner? :shock: :shock: And you wonder?

C'mon! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:02 am 
Journeyman Member

Long Ago LEO wrote:
JD Christian - DUDE! I just looked closer at your windshield. It's littered with stuff. Is this how it looked when you were stopped? Correct me if I'm wrong, but am I looking at three devices attached to your windshield on the driver's half of the glass, along with some kinda' stuffed animal or something in the corner? :shock: :shock: And you wonder?

C'mon! :lol:

heheh I stand by my initial statement. No TV's, no DVD players, just informational devices as needed.

BTW, it's a Caribou Coffee rainforest frog! :) Helps keep my sat radio antenna in place! "Frog is my Co-Pilot"

Behind the Sat radio and frog, on the outside of the glass is my NRA member sticker and the small "Start Seeing Motorcyclists' sticker ala Texas Registration sticker placement.

I'm not saying it's legal. I'm just saying that there should be better things to worry about at 1am (0100 for you!) in the metro and that the statute is kind of rediculous. I feel it safer, for me, to have my GPS placed where it is. The Crystal LEO was just busting my chops because he pulled me over and I was not intoxicated.

Pull over the new age/neuvo hippies for hanging those stupid crystals from their rearview. Those damn things reflect/refract light! That is dangerous to others as well!

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:51 pm 

SultanOfBrunei wrote:
For a new guy, you have a lot of stories!
:wink:

In hind sight, how right you were!

In a big country dreams stay with you, like a lover's voice fires the mountainside. Stay alive.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.